Iowa's 2-minute offense & Ken O'Keefe

Since we are talking about O'Keefe, I would submit that Ricky Stanzi and Shonn Greene played a key roll of saving O'Keefe's job during the 2008 season. Remember how bad we were in 2007? I was at the Western Michigan game in November of 2007 and we would have been to a toilet bowl if we won, but since we tanked it, we didn't even go bowling.

I can remember in August 2008 seeing the articles/posts how this kid name Stanzi was giving Christiansen a run during summer camp. Then, after the Pitt game, they decided to hand over the reigns to Stanzi (I think Christiansen played a little bit the following we vs. Northwestern but just didn't start).

My point is, if we would have had another lackluster 6-6 year in 2008, Ferentz probably wouldn't have got that extension he got in early 2009 and heads would be rolling for a new offensive coordinator.

I was also at the Western Michigan game. That was the most disgusted I've ever been with an Iowa football team. Last game of the year...Senior Day...a bowl bid on the line...and they just quit....they never even bothered to "show up".

I was also at the Western Michigan game. That was the most disgusted I've ever been with an Iowa football team. Last game of the year...Senior Day...a bowl bid on the line...and they just quit....they never even bothered to "show up".

It got ugly quick. I think it was 28-7 at one point. I paid $240 for 2 tickets that game + $270/night for 2 nights @ the downtown Sheraton because it was a football weekend.

1998-2000 was tough too. I was @ Iowa from 1997-2002 ('97-'01 seasons), so those middle 3 years were tough. My only Metrodome game was Hayden's last game in 1998 when they lost 49-7. Remember Randy Reiners?

It got ugly quick. I think it was 28-7 at one point. I paid $240 for 2 tickets that game + $270/night for 2 nights @ the downtown Sheraton because it was a football weekend.

1998-2000 was tough too. I was @ Iowa from 1997-2002 ('97-'01 seasons), so those middle 3 years were tough. My only Metrodome game was Hayden's last game in 1998 when they lost 49-7. Remember Randy Reiners?

I crushed a little over half a bottle of scotch before that game along with some beers - I wanted the whole coaching staff fired in the wake of that game. I might not have the best memory of the game, I know the offense played bad, but Western Michigan had clearly watched the Indiana video from earlier in the year and previous NU videos and saw where the weak spots were in the defense. I actually think that game was good for us because it was the wake up call that something was really wrong with the program and bince it happened the last week of the season, it gave the staff plenty of time to ponder where it stood.

I crushed a little over half a bottle of scotch before that game along with some beers - I wanted the whole coaching staff fired in the wake of that game. I might not have the best memory of the game, I know the offense played bad, but Western Michigan had clearly watched the Indiana video from earlier in the year and previous NU videos and saw where the weak spots were in the defense. I actually think that game was good for us because it was the wake up call that something was really wrong with the program and bince it happened the last week of the season, it gave the staff plenty of time to ponder where it stood.

I don't think I'll ever forget the classic (or lack there of) roll out of the pocket play of Jake Christensen running for his life.

I design websites for small biz as well as the sports industry ... I did Shonn Greene's official site, Shonn Greene | Going Greene Foundation | New York Jets #23. I was negotiating with the guy who owned JakeChristensen.com and being the homer that I am, giving Jake the benefit of the doubt, I thought he'd be good. My highest offer was $500 for the name. The owner wanted more than that ... said that when Jake got to the NFL, he'd want to buy it back (that's not even how it works), but I look back on those days and laugh and thank god I never dropped a cent on that name.

=Remember how bad we were in 2007? I was at the Western Michigan game in November of 2007 and we would have been to a toilet bowl if we won, but since we tanked it, we didn't even go bowling.

not to change the subject, but i wouldn't call the Champs Sports Bowl the toilet bowl- we win that game, most likely we were going to play there. Orlando wanted the hawks to come through.

not to change the subject, but i wouldn't call the Champs Sports Bowl the toilet bowl- we win that game, most likely we were going to play there. Orlando wanted the hawks to come through.

I hear ya ... I guess at 7-5 beggars can't be chooser, right?

Latest posts