IowaLaw's Objective 2019 Season Preview

Steve: Smith has just 31 catches in 23 games (starting the majority of them). That's not #1 WR production at any school, and drops were a key factor in that (he also had a key fumble in a close loss against MSU in 2017). He was much improved at the end of 2018, so lets hope he has a breakout season.

Gester: Sorry you feel "Armani" is so worthless. If you followed the Hawks last year (and I'm guessing you didn't), you would have remembered that "Armani" got serious reps in just ONE game last year (vs. Minnesota). All he did with that opportunity was lead the team in tackles (9), including 2 for a loss. Unfortunately, he was suspended at the end of the game for a controversial targeting call and fell immediately into Ferentz's dog house. He never saw more than a handful of snaps the rest of the year. I'm sure you knew that when you questioned they guy's "ability to play football."

Fry: What part of the disclaimer "homers and hillbillies need not enter" did you miss when you chose to: (i) click on my thread; (ii) comment on my thread with a rant that has nothing to do with football; (iii) click again on my thread hours later; (iv) comment again on my thread hours later, this time attacking my employment status? lol I get that your glory days were in the 1960s when Fry was at SMU, but like the disclaimer says, keep your grumpy old man rants in the non-substantive team uniforms and Nebraska bashing. Leave football talk to the guys who can talk football.

I question your take on the WRs. I'll grant you that Smith-Marsette has dropped too many passes but I don't seem to remember Smith dropping all that many. He has good hands I believe.

I’m hoping to be wrong but I’m worried about the middle of both o and d line. Also a young safety is concerning. We need to be stout in the middle and we lost the nelsons, Hesse and some other good ones. Young center will be great but I expect some growing pains and I hope to be surprised by dominant guards. Opposing defense will be putting pressure up middle. If we can stay stout there I think we have a good shot at a very strong team.

What a load of crap this whole thread displays. IowaLaw takes a lot of time to put together an analysis (his opinion) of the upcoming season, and the HN mob decides to thrash him.

Jump on the bandwagon, boys, there's plenty of hate and discontent to go around!

Get over yourselves.

Yeah guys, why trash the man for his take on it? Sheesh

I liked it, although I'm more of a homer, looking for the 10 wins this year.

I do agree with IowaLaw about Jones. I think he will be an impact player on the D line this year. Sacks, disruptions, etc.

I don't have any problem with Iowa Law's posts. He has an equal right to express his opinion. I simply disagree with his take on the Paulsens. It is all in fun on this board.

There is an HN mob on this board who really take themselves way too seriously. The mob "Capone" is Fryowa, but it is hard to do anything about an "anonymous" mob leader. I'm starting to think that he doesn't really exist; he is a character made up by Rob Howe to increase hits on this board. Very clever on Rob's part, I might add. My God, he is everywhere, making thousands of posts and responding to almost every thread, and most often in a very adversarial way. Who has the time, except for a moderator? Fryowa is not a real person!

Latest posts