Iowa Women

JugadorHawk

Kick off this morning at 11:10 against 8th seeded California in South Bend, IN. The game will be televised on Espn2. Go Hawkeyes!

Getting their butts kicked big time. Slow white Iowa girls with no hops vs quick black girls who can jump.

Continuously the issue, year after year with Bluder.

This looks the the old days at the end of 1 class Iowa girls basketball when the big schools started absolutely destroying the farm girls.

too bad lady hawks came up short but hell of a run when your best player out...

Honestly, this year Printy I think held them back a little. Not that she's a selfish player or anything, by all accounts she's a terrific teammate. She just never seemed to click like she did as a freshman or sophomore. She was just less efficient this year, and the offense would sometimes get stagnant with players just waiting for her to take over. When she went out, those players had to step up and get more involved. That should pay major dividends next season, when Jaime is back to her old self.

Wow, this game is physical!

I suppose you have to give Cal credit for building a team for the bruiser-ball that WBB has devolved into. Their strengths matched up to our weaknesses pretty well.

Taylor continues to slowly improve. It will be huge if she can get back to 100% next season.

Very concerning that V Johnson is still unable to play.

too bad lady hawks came up short but hell of a run when your best player out...
Honestly, this year Printy I think held them back a little. Not that she's a selfish player or anything, by all accounts she's a terrific teammate. She just never seemed to click like she did as a freshman or sophomore. She was just less efficient this year, and the offense would sometimes get stagnant with players just waiting for her to take over. When she went out, those players had to step up and get more involved. That should pay major dividends next season, when Jaime is back to her old self.

i agree 100% but when she went down i thought they had no chance to make the tournament

I suppose you have to give Cal credit for building a team for the bruiser-ball that WBB has devolved into. Their strengths matched up to our weaknesses pretty well.

Taylor continues to slowly improve. It will be huge if she can get back to 100% next season.

Very concerning that V Johnson is still unable to play.

It's concussion symptoms, correct? If so, then it's nothing out of the ordinary for a player to miss this much time. Hell, Sydney Crosby played like 6 games in 11 months, and Justin Morneau missed the entire second half of the 2010 season.

Totally agree on Taylor, though. She could be something special if she gets back to full strength.

I know concussion symptoms don't go away according to a set schedule, but from what I gather VJ's wasn't initially thought to be that bad. What happens the next time she takes a hit, especially with how physical WBB has become for inside players?

Just for contrast, former Iowa SB pitcher Britt Weil took a liner off the side of her head and even needed therapy to speak properly, but returned to pitch the same season (with an armored headband).

One thing that happened after Printy got hurt was the emergence of Logic. She seemed to play in the background until Printy went down, then really stepped up her game.

The other thing is Cal's players put a lot of effort into rebounding and boxing out, even before considering athleticism. Our PG leads the team in rebounding...

Latest posts