Iowa Women Win Again

MisterLucky

So tough down the stretch and take the the game away from Purdue. Iowa men's team could take a lesson from them.

They play tomorrow against 8th seed Ohio State who upset the top seed Penn State. At 25 wins this is the most the Iowa women have had in a season since Vivian Stringer.

Really surprising that they could have this kind of a year AFTER losing Johnson and Printy.

This is the second game where the officials let Purdue play extremely physically and neither time did the Iowa women make excuses. They played with great confidence, and if they can
improve their defense they could make a very deep run in the NCAA tourney. Should be very good and much deeper next year. Congratulations to the women!

The girls could of folded several times in the second half and just kept fighting their way back into it. Knocking down free throws to seal it. Awesome! Congratulations to nails on her big 10 first team selection and way to go girls beat osu. GO HAWKS!

Really surprising that they could have this kind of a year AFTER losing Johnson and Printy.

I agree, Dolittle and Disterhoft have stepped in nicely. I think Iowa women are going to be pretty darn good for a while.

On an unrelated note, I think the Big Four might end up regretting allowing Alissa Pollema (Western Christian) to get away to Dordt. I don't know if anyone here has seen her play before, but I've never seen a high school point guard make the kind of passes this girl does. She's two steps ahead of everyone in terms of seeing the court and finding the open player, and she's got wicked handles (pulled off a lightning-quick behind the back in paint traffic and finished at the rim like it was nothing).

I've seen some pretty good players this week, but this girl has blown me away.

This is the second game where the officials let Purdue play extremely physically and neither time did the Iowa women make excuses. They played with great confidence, and if they can
improve their defense they could make a very deep run in the NCAA tourney. Should be very good and much deeper next year. Congratulations to the women!

LOL, physical. What was it, a lint transfer from one jersey to the other? That's one main difference between the men's and women's game, the finesse passing and shooting abilities decides who wins and who loses tenfold over mens games. That's probably why it stays popular, it'll always be aesthetically pleasing from a basketball standpoint. If you try to "be physical and outmuscle the opponent" in order to gain an edge you're in foul trouble. I give it a pass thanks to the talent levels never changing; unless there's a Griner every year no new teams stand a chance. Nobody stands one against UCONN period.

And what is it the mens team can "learn" from the Iowa women?? There is NO amount of resilience missing from the MBB team. They've beaten late double-digit deficits. They lost a 23-point lead, saw it become a 5-point deficit, hit its free throws and won a road game. Beat a conference power by 10 on the road. It's playing with ADVANTAGES that we seem to be having problems with.

Given each team's best player, you have an excellent name for a band or a new company: Marble Logic. Shoot, I should go dibs up the website domain right now.

LOL, physical. What was it, a lint transfer from one jersey to the other? That's one main difference between the men's and women's game, the finesse passing and shooting abilities decides who wins and who loses tenfold over mens games. That's probably why it stays popular, it'll always be aesthetically pleasing from a basketball standpoint. If you try to "be physical and outmuscle the opponent" in order to gain an edge you're in foul trouble. I give it a pass thanks to the talent levels never changing; unless there's a Griner every year no new teams stand a chance. Nobody stands one against UCONN period.

And what is it the mens team can "learn" from the Iowa women?? There is NO amount of resilience missing from the MBB team. They've beaten late double-digit deficits. They lost a 23-point lead, saw it become a 5-point deficit, hit its free throws and won a road game. Beat a conference power by 10 on the road. It's playing with ADVANTAGES that we seem to be having problems with.

Given each team's best player, you have an excellent name for a band or a new company: Marble Logic. Shoot, I should go dibs up the website domain right now.

Bodyslammed awesome post!

What is up with Nebraska. They are leading MSU by 25 in the second half.....

Men have improved into one of the better teams in the Big....

:rolleyes:

What is up with Nebraska. They are leading MSU by 25 in the second half.....Men have improved into one of the better teams in the Big....:rolleyes:Nebraska is getting serious about playing basketball! Hope the girls have enough left in the tank. It's gonna be a fast paced game. As far as the men thev'e been a totally different team since they kicked that one player off the team. Go Hawks!

Latest posts