Iowa Women vs. PSU

One thing I've noticed: Iowa blocks out as well as any team I can remember watching (men or women). I know Kachine is an insanely good rebounder, but the other guards are almost always in the right position as well. But PSU has six more rebounds in this game. I don't get it.

62-51 Hawks with 9:00 left.

Kach with the And 1! Showing some serious fire. After the free throw it's 65-53 Hawks, 8 minutes to play.

Hawks can score too many ways. Getting to the hoop with ease. Kachine with a great crossover take to the hoop for an and1 and converts. Hawks up 65-53. Penn St all transition and 18 ft jumpers. This game is about over

Printy is hitting her shots again. That's why shooters have to keep shooting. Three pointer makes it 68-53 Iowa with under 8 left. Printy has 22.

Penn St all transition and 18 ft jumpers. This game is about over

Agreed.

It's amazing PSU is able to hang around at all considering how one-dimensional they are. Hard to believe Iowa has lost to them twice, even with the injuries.

Agreed.

It's amazing PSU is able to hang around at all considering how one-dimensional they are. Hard to believe Iowa has lost to them twice, even with the injuries.

They are shooting well. Hawks can't get careless with poor shots and turnovers. Run some clock and keep going to the hoop and they win.

The refs have started to mess with the tempo the last couple of minutes. Alexander has 4 now and PSU is within 7. It's not over yet. Hopefully the Hawks step it up.

Cheap terrible foul on Kachine. Her 4th. 8-0 run for Penn St. lead down to 7. 6 min left

Machado taken to the ground on a layup . . . . no whistles all of a sudden. Wahlin in position for a rebound at the other end . . . . the most blatant over the back imaginable and Printy almost gets her arm ripped off---jump ball called. Wahlin is hurt and has to come out. Kach back in with four fouls.

The refs have started to mess with the tempo the last couple of minutes. Alexander has 4 now and PSU is within 7. It's not over yet. Hopefully the Hawks step it up.

Wow Penn st getting all the calls. That was over the back if i've ever seen it. Wahlin takes an elbow and comes out. Iowa ball in tie up just over 5 to go. Kachine buries a deep 2! and then Penn st answers quick. 70-63.

70-63 with four minutes left. Wahlin still sitting, but Kach has been kept in. Kachine hits the three! 73-63, ten point game again. Having Alexander in with four fouls is paying off, even if it's risky.

Kachine fouls out and is not happy with the call. I'm not sure where this officiating came from.

Alexander finishes with 17 points. BTN graphic refers to her five fouls as a "disqualification". Haha. The replay showed some contact, but it was still pretty touchy.

73-64 with 2:30 left.

Latest posts