Iowa Women in the hunt for Serbian recruit

hagarwood

2019 recruit Jelena Mitrovic a 6'9" post player, has listed Iowa as one of her four finalists. The others in the hunt are Arizona State, Oregon State, and Rutgers. Coach Bluder has always had good success developing post players dating back to Morgan Johnson. Would be exciting to see her get a chance with this prospect.

2019 recruit Jelena Mitrovic a 6'9" post player, has listed Iowa as one of her four finalists. The others in the hunt are Arizona State, Oregon State, and Rutgers. Coach Bluder has always had good success developing post players dating back to Morgan Johnson. Would be exciting to see her get a chance with this prospect.

I know nothing about womens cbb, but I find those finalists to be really f'ing weird. You have an east coast team, a midwest team, a southwest team in the desert and a team in the pacific northwest.

Thats a really weird combo that doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason.

She will be taking official visits to all 4 schools. From what I've seen she has a very touch from the free throw line. On the block she keeps the ball high. Is a heck of a shot blocker. Very good outlet passer and finds the open shooter very well. Where she struggles right now is getting up and down the floor. Not the slowest I've seen. Isn't carrying around any extra weight. Jan could do wonders for her if she chooses the Hawks.