Iowa Women drop to #6

Even if the Hawks lose to Ohio St. and in the BTen tourney (as long as they make it to the semifinals of the BTens), hard to see them dropping below a #2 or #3 seed. I think the NCAA Selection Committee will do whatever they have to, in order to set up an Iowa-LSU rematch!

Even if the Hawks lose to Ohio St. and in the BTen tourney (as long as they make it to the semifinals of the BTens), hard to see them dropping below a #2 or #3 seed. I think the NCAA Selection Committee will do whatever they have to, in order to set up an Iowa-LSU rematch!
Ya......Iowa should probaby also have a chance at that last #1 seed if they win out and win the BTT.

First of all, I'm kinda surprised we are below Stanford and Virginia Tech. When we lost to Nebraska, Stanford lost to a better team that week and still moved ahead of us. I don't see anything wrong with that. But this week, we lost to the good team and they list at home to an unranked team. The exact same thing, but in reverse. If Stanford passed us when it happened, we should pass them when it happens again. Also we have the same record as Virginia Tech so I kinda figured we would stay ahead of them since we beat them on a neutral floor.

The good news is 3rd, 4th, and 5th all play on the road against a ranked team this week and we play number 2. It's possible we are ranked 2nd or 3rd if all goes well this week. If those 3 teams lose and we win, even if we stay behind OSU, we would still almost certainly pass them if we win the tournament. Gotta root for Texas, Stanford, and VA Tech to lose this week. If they do, we probably get the overall number 2 seed in the NCAA if we win out.

First of all, I'm kinda surprised we are below Stanford and Virginia Tech. When we lost to Nebraska, Stanford lost to a better team that week and still moved ahead of us. I don't see anything wrong with that. But this week, we lost to the good team and they list at home to an unranked team. The exact same thing, but in reverse. If Stanford passed us when it happened, we should pass them when it happens again. Also we have the same record as Virginia Tech so I kinda figured we would stay ahead of them since we beat them on a neutral floor.

The good news is 3rd, 4th, and 5th all play on the road against a ranked team this week and we play number 2. It's possible we are ranked 2nd or 3rd if all goes well this week. If those 3 teams lose and we win, even if we stay behind OSU, we would still almost certainly pass them if we win the tournament. Gotta root for Texas, Stanford, and VA Tech to lose this week. If they do, we probably get the overall number 2 seed in the NCAA if we win out.
I can see voters putting Stanford ahead of us, using 'the eye test' -- heck, I might rank us behind Stanford too. But absolutely no reason we should be behind VTech, after beating them straight up on a neutral court. It's just crazy to not take into account head-to-head matchups if the resumes are even remotely similar -- I mean, otherwise, why schedule and play tough out-of-conference games?
When the first seedings for women's hoops were released, folks were pointing out how I think it was Colorado had a higher seed than NC State, even tho State had soundly beaten Colorado earlier in the season. (Or perhaps the other way around.) Either way, when did head-to-head matchups start not counting for anything?

I can see voters putting Stanford ahead of us, using 'the eye test' -- heck, I might rank us behind Stanford too. But absolutely no reason we should be behind VTech, after beating them straight up on a neutral court. It's just crazy to not take into account head-to-head matchups if the resumes are even remotely similar -- I mean, otherwise, why schedule and play tough out-of-conference games?
When the first seedings for women's hoops were released, folks were pointing out how I think it was Colorado had a higher seed than NC State, even tho State had soundly beaten Colorado earlier in the season. (Or perhaps the other way around.) Either way, when did head-to-head matchups start not counting for anything?
We've played six games against the top 15. I'm not sure what Va Tech has done, but I can't imagine it's much better. I don't have a huge problem with Stanford being above us still. Just weird how they passed us with the exact same scenario that played out thos week and we didn't pass them back.

Latest posts