Iowa withheld some athletes from competition

So with the baseball players being yanked off the field and everything they know who's being investigated. Do all the others know too and just keeping it quiet? Or are they waiting to find out yet?

So with the baseball players being yanked off the field and everything they know who's being investigated. Do all the others know too and just keeping it quiet? Or are they waiting to find out yet?
I’d imagine the only way to find out would be a sport that’s in season because they can’t hide it. If a starter isn’t playing and they don’t say he’s injured then you know what the deal is. A football player you have no clue because you don’t see him sitting out games in May. I don’t think anyone from the U has ever even said the baseball players are in trouble, everyone’s just going off of the fact that guys are sitting out

With the NCAA washing their hands of NIL, what's the big deal with legal gambling for players. Bunch of hypocrites.

Gambling can ruin the integrity of a sport instantly. It's bad enough when you watch a game like Texas versus some rent-a-victim or Iowa versus Michigan or whatever because you sometimes will see some pretty questionable calls from the officials that usually only go one way. If you end up with a player on the take, plus shitty officiating, plus people charging over $100 a month for cable to watch something that suddenly looks like it may have an outcome determined somewhere other than the field it is a powderkeg to destroy a sport.

No matter what the big teams may say, the entire network that is college sports is reliant not only on the 10 teams that may have a legitimate recurring chance at a title, but it also depends on the NCAA keeping fans of programs like Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ol Miss, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Oklahoma State, etc. interested in the sport through the illusion of "at least there's a chance." If those fans start leaving in droves it will be catastrophic for the sport.

I’d imagine the only way to find out would be a sport that’s in season because they can’t hide it. If a starter isn’t playing and they don’t say he’s injured then you know what the deal is. A football player you have no clue because you don’t see him sitting out games in May. I don’t think anyone from the U has ever even said the baseball players are in trouble, everyone’s just going off of the fact that guys are sitting out
It's wild because of all that. How are the coaches even finding out? If KF knows he's not saying. I don't think he does yet. I'm just curious since they have a specific number of dudes at 26 that those doing the investigating obviously know. I'm just curious that since the baseball players know wouldn't all the rest too?

So those investigating aren't letting the players involved know until it's time for them to play pretty much? That's just stupid. What are they waiting for? Rip the damn band aid off

It's wild because of all that. How are the coaches even finding out? If KF knows he's not saying. I don't think he does yet. I'm just curious since they have a specific number of dudes at 26 that those doing the investigating obviously know. I'm just curious that since the baseball players know wouldn't all the rest too?

So those investigating aren't letting the players involved know until it's time for them to play pretty much? That's just stupid. What are they waiting for? Rip the damn band aid off
I would think all the coaches know about the guys in their particular sport. If there’s an issue I’d bet my house that the athletic department notifies each individual coach that player XYZ is ineligible for activity until such and such a date, or indefinitely.

The coaches themselves aren’t going to say who it is first of all for confidentiality reasons, and even if they could they wouldn’t because it’d be a huge media distraction getting hit on it from reporters.

Like even at my high school, we have a student conduct list of students who are ineligible because of bad conduct; it shows what number offense it is and how long they are ineligible for (doesn’t say what they did and I don’t want to know). It gets updated and emailed out every Wednesday. If I ever divulged to a non-school employee who was on that list I’d not only get fired, I’d probably get sued.

I would think all the coaches know about the guys in their particular sport. If there’s an issue I’d bet my house that the athletic department notifies each individual coach that player XYZ is ineligible for activity until such and such a date, or indefinitely.

The coaches themselves aren’t going to say who it is first of all for confidentiality reasons, and even if they could they wouldn’t because it’d be a huge media distraction getting hit on it from reporters.

Like even at my high school, we have a student conduct list of students who are ineligible because of bad conduct; it shows what number offense it is and how long they are ineligible for (doesn’t say what they did and I don’t want to know). It gets updated and emailed out every Wednesday. If I ever divulged to a non-school employee who was on that list I’d not only get fired, I’d probably get sued.
That makes sense. Heck if I know. just wish we'd get an idea of what's what. Will the football players not be able to practice this July or Aug whenever camp gets going? Can they not be in the building for lifting now? At what point does it kick in for these guys to be pulled away. Is it just competition/games? Are the baseball players that'd been taken off just sitting in his dorm all day now or what? It's the school that's making the preemptive move to suspend them not the NCAA I believe. So I guess with that being the case yeah they can pull whatever punches they want.

Latest posts