Iowa will set a record with the next road win

Well they have about the best road opponent to get a win. If the hawks play well they should win.

Just remember we were lucky to beat Rutgers and every other team is destroying them.Glad we beat Minnesota but we had great field position all day and our offense only had one TD.Defense played better but offense is still sputtering,CJ isn't playing like we thought he would.

Our defensive success yesterday was because of how brutal the Minnesota offense is, not how good our defense played. Funny how people think this defense has somehow seen the light and improved. Just wait until after Purdue and see how good the defense is. Our offense is just plain pathetic in every way imaginable. We won't score against Michigan or Wisconsin. PSU and Nebraska will be difficult as well because they have speed and athletes, which we have none. There are high school receiving units that are better than ours.

Our defensive success yesterday was because of how brutal the Minnesota offense is, not how good our defense played. Funny how people think this defense has somehow seen the light and improved. Just wait until after Purdue and see how good the defense is. Our offense is just plain pathetic in every way imaginable. We won't score against Michigan or Wisconsin. PSU and Nebraska will be difficult as well because they have speed and athletes, which we have none. There are high school receiving units that are better than ours.
Thanks for showing us the bright side of things.

But Miami of Ohio, NDSU, Rutgers, and Northwestern had just as bad of offenses and they shredded us. Our defense definitely played better. We do still suckered tho, just a little less this week.

Very negative post but also very true on many points, particularly everything you said about the offense.

Minnesota was running the ball well this year so I am happy that the D was able to control their running game. I don't buy into they've seen the light, they had a solid game defensively and need to build on it.

Well they have about the best road opponent to get a win. If the hawks play well they should win.

Yep. If the front 7 can play solid again, Iowa should be able to move to 3-1 with Wisconsin on deck. I'm expecting another close game. Can't turn the ball over 3 times again and expect to escape.

This is one of those meaningless records and we all know it.

Iowa traveled to the CCG and to the Rose Bowl, and lost both games. So there is no magic there. Iowa has lost twice at home during the streak. So there is no magic at home.

And really, there is no magic to Iowa playing at the other team's home stadium. Although winning at Wisc, NW and Neb last year was impressive.

Iowa cannot have more than 2 B1G losses and UM will be our second. The math is out there. @PU is a must win and they actually looked pretty good @ Illinois. Unfortunately, this won't be a gimme win.

Iowa cannot have more than 2 B1G losses and UM will be our second. The math is out there. @PU is a must win and they actually looked pretty good @ Illinois. Unfortunately, this won't be a gimme win.

If we lose at Penn State and against Michigan, there is a good chance we win the West.

This is one of those meaningless records and we all know it.

Iowa traveled to the CCG and to the Rose Bowl, and lost both games. So there is no magic there. Iowa has lost twice at home during the streak. So there is no magic at home.

And really, there is no magic to Iowa playing at the other team's home stadium. Although winning at Wisc, NW and Neb last year was impressive.

What??? Meaningless??? The contract clearly states on page 47 subparagraph E ". . . If HC surpasses road-win record HC will receive bonus equal to 1 million . . . "

Last edited:

Yeah, I see them breaking the record. If so it's a positive and KF can use it to hopefully motivate more road wins. That's what I would do, and I once coached (recruiting coordinator) in a little girls field hockey league.

Just remember we were lucky to beat Rutgers and every other team is destroying them.Glad we beat Minnesota but we had great field position all day and our offense only had one TD.Defense played better but offense is still sputtering,CJ isn't playing like we thought he would.

I hear ya, but I watched that Illinois/Purdue game. Illinois literally had twice as many penalties and twice as many unforced errors. Purdue looked bad. I think we get the "W".

I am glad that I've seen some new Iowa records made and look forward to seeing more records. Now I would really enjoy to see the rushing record set this weekend as well. :)

I really feel bad for CJ. Every multi-year starter at QB has experienced a win-regression under KF. I really think he gets inside their head and his offensive game-plan hinders them.

Latest posts