Iowa will play at Va Tech in B1G-ACC

Don't they match up teams that finish around the same place in their respective conferences?

I don't think it's that straight up - but they try to match based on previous season and expectations - VT is expected to be pretty good this year.

I don't think it's that straight up - but they try to match based on previous season and expectations - VT is expected to be pretty good this year.

After we beat them it'll make our resume look all the better for the committee next March.

So is Iowa!

GO HAWKS!!!

I thought that was implied with the whole explanation of how they paired the teams. It will be a tough game that I am sure Iowa will be dogs in but I LOVE how Coach Mac's teams play on the road.

I was reading on another site that the guy thought Dom Uhl would take a big jump this year; because, he will be playing with guys with some experience. I didn't think about it much, but just about everyone he was playing with on the front line last year was just learning what they were suppose to do. It makes sense to me that he will be a lot better this year.

Does any of the institutional tension related to the wrestling programs extend to basketball? Or did that all move to Ames with Dresser? I seem to recall that Brands had issues with the AD, not just Dresser.

That seems like a lot for a team from the ACC.

Well we know we're not going to play UNC or Duke in this thing because we're not on the same level or perceived to be at the same level for TV and all. So that takes away a couple of possibilities right off the bat for the challenge. Probably could rule out Virginia as well for the near future.

Well we know we're not going to play UNC or Duke in this thing because we're not on the same level or perceived to be at the same level for TV and all. So that takes away a couple of possibilities right off the bat for the challenge. Probably could rule out Virginia as well for the near future.

Well if we'd make the NCAA tournament more often we would. We've made it six times in the last 17 years, and two of those resulted in playing Duke (rated #1) or UNC in the challenge. We've also played NC State, VaTech, and Notre Dame that all were tournament teams the year we played them. The only time after making the dance we didn't play a tourney team was FSU a couple years ago that we won in OT.

Latest posts