Iowa will not be young on offense

how many 200 + yard games did Greene have again?
that's what I thought ZIP. before his JR year he was a nobody, and now you are proclaiming him as the greatest ever,, yeah right.. he had one good year and that's it, he was not in the class of a Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson,

that's what I thought ZIP. before his JR year he was a nobody, and now you are proclaiming him as the greatest ever,, yeah right.. he had one good year and that's it, he was not in the class of a Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson,

"he was not in the class of a Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson"

Nobody is suggesting that he was.FreedComanche

then why even suggest nobody can be as good or better than Greene was?

Good question. Don't get me wrong. I think Weisman is good, but he's not in Greene's league. Greene would be classified as a super back because of his speed, moves, power and durability. Weisman has power and durability.

FreedComanche

Good question. Don't get me wrong. I think Weisman is good, but he's not in Greene's league. Greene would be classified as a super back because of his speed, moves, power and durability. Weisman has power and durability.

FreedComanche

Weisman is durable?

You can't talk football with someone who claims weismann is just as good as greene. Greene as a freshman was considered by many on the team as possibly the best rb they had. Weismann seems to be a little bit quicker version of coker. I was a coker fan so I am not here to rip on weismann. I think he is solid but greene had much better break away speed and cut back ability. He was also a beast as a gunner on specials and I don't think weismann has the speed to pull that off. Remember greene ended up being drafted and I don't see that in weismann's future (ie not better than greene).

unlike this year where we had no proven RB's and just 2 starters on the OL.

there will be 3 RB's who combined for over 1450 yards rushing and 214 yards receiving.

the OL will have with starting experience
RSSR VanSloten 1st start this year
RSSR Boffeli who got his 1st start this year
RSSR MacMillan who actually started this year
RSJR Scherff 1st start this year
RSJR Donnal 1st start this year
RSSO Blythe 1st start this year
RSSO Walsh 1st start this year

the TE's will have
SR CJ who ended the year with 433 yards on 45 catches
JR Hamilton 20 yards on 2 catches
RSSO Duzzy 15 yards on 3 catches
RSSO Cobel 30 yards on 4 catches
the WR's will have
SR Cotton 172 yards on 12 catches
SR Schumpert 29 yards on 6 catches
RSJR KMM this seasons leading receiver 571 yards on 52 catches
SO Smith 31 yards on 3 catches
RSSO Hillyer 15 yards on 1 catch
that's more than JVB had to start the year out with. as these kids were developed over the season

the biggest offensive weapon will be SR FG Kicker Meyer
no matter who the QB is hew will have a solid OL blocking for him and will have a solid group of skill guys to work with.

I love your optimism but i'm not sure I see it. It's very unlikely KF will field an excellent offense next year or ever cause he never has. There will be injuries and attrition before next fall comes and throughout the season so looking into future is fruitless at this point and none of the guys you listed have shown to me yet that they are difference makers.

Surely the O line will be decent save injuries, and Meyer will likely kick good. They'll have a green QB who I can't possibly see playing worse than JVB this year but crazier things have happened, point is it's unknown.

Iowa will never and I repeat never be a good offensive team under KF, his claim to fame is defense and it's as simple as that.

I assume you are talking about pre-2008? Because my memory isn't great, but I know he gashed Wisconsin and Purdue for 200+ in 2008.

Latest posts