Iowa will not be young on offense

redhawk55

Banned
unlike this year where we had no proven RB's and just 2 starters on the OL.

there will be 3 RB's who combined for over 1450 yards rushing and 214 yards receiving.

the OL will have with starting experience
RSSR VanSloten 1st start this year
RSSR Boffeli who got his 1st start this year
RSSR MacMillan who actually started this year
RSJR Scherff 1st start this year
RSJR Donnal 1st start this year
RSSO Blythe 1st start this year
RSSO Walsh 1st start this year

the TE's will have
SR CJ who ended the year with 433 yards on 45 catches
JR Hamilton 20 yards on 2 catches
RSSO Duzzy 15 yards on 3 catches
RSSO Cobel 30 yards on 4 catches
the WR's will have
SR Cotton 172 yards on 12 catches
SR Schumpert 29 yards on 6 catches
RSJR KMM this seasons leading receiver 571 yards on 52 catches
SO Smith 31 yards on 3 catches
RSSO Hillyer 15 yards on 1 catch
that's more than JVB had to start the year out with. as these kids were developed over the season

the biggest offensive weapon will be SR FG Kicker Meyer
no matter who the QB is hew will have a solid OL blocking for him and will have a solid group of skill guys to work with.

Last edited:
73225_513152838703711_1321302688_n.jpg

there will be 3 RB's who combined for over 1450 yards rushing and 214 yards receiving.

RSSR VanSloten
RSSR Boffeli
RSJR Scherff
RSJR Donnal
RSSO Blythe
RSSO Walsh
none of these started a game before this year

the TE's will have
RSFR Duzzy 15 yards on 3 catches
RSFR Cobel 30 yards on 4 catches
the WR's will have
that's more than JVB had to start the year out with. as these kids were developed over the season

So? Ferentz will still be the head coach. I don't need to remind anybody how much talent was on the 2010 team, and the final result of that.

FreedComanche

So? Ferentz will still be the head coach. I don't need to remind anybody how much talent was on the 2010 team, and the final result of that.

FreedComanche

yep and Stanzi led the 2008 team to a 9-4 seasonj with no experience either and KF was the coach then..
so what's your point

yep and Stanzi led the 2008 team to a 9-4 seasonj with no experience either and KF was the coach then..
so what's your point

You miss the point entirely. A ferentz coached team has to have a boat load of talent to make up for how terrible of coach ferentz is. In 08 you had probably the most talented running back to come out of Iowa ever. Yes, it could be argued that Shonn Greene was not the best, but it's obvious he was right up there. Plus, you had a talented defense as well.

Let's not forget the main point: A ferentz coached team always has to have adequate talent to make up for the incoherent coaching ability of ferentz.

FreedComanche

Will not matter unless there is a new OC. Hawkeye schemes are so simple that it is equal to adding one or two defenders to the opponents D on any given play. Frankly, it is hard to look forward to next year without a major overhaul. If Kirk, who I otherwise respect greatly, was operating in the corporate world, he would be told to get a new OC or leave.

Red, I like the way you try and always find the good in everything. I will tell you tho, if these kids do not put in some very serious work this off season, we are in trouble. We have to play OSU and Wisky next year, along with Nebby, both Mich teams and northern Ill. So we get to play the team with the best record in the B10, the two teams that go to the conf champ game and a team that is most likely going to win the Mac, and still get both Mich teams.

These kids are going to have to really put their heads down for the next 10 months or so for us to stand a chance of competing.

I know we will be better at QB next year even though I have never seen any of our back-ups take a snap. Why do I know that? Becasue we absolutely can't be worse at that position than we were this year.

Iwould say Greene was a nobody before the season began and Iwill go on record that Weisman is just as good as Greene,
and with a spring and summer of training and running drills at the RB position he will be even better next fall'
give him that much time pulling weight while running will improve his speed and strength\
Claybourne and Ballard were just a RSSO and a true SO, and I don't remember who ther other 2 were.
and in 2009 Klug was a 2* converted LB.. LTP the same size is just as good or better than Klug was
Please stop comparing a finished product to a beginner
the biggest difference being the 2 QB's. Stanzi was head and shoulders above JVB, at least Stanzi could roll out and/or move the pocket,
this is where who ever get the nod at QB has to be better. just being able to roll out and/or move the pocket will be better than JVB,
not to mention working with a more experienced group, and if you look there will be just 3 senior starters on the Offense leaving making the 2014 season looking even better.
this is what kills the haters. recruiting has picked up , player retention is picking up, and if the talk about the 2014 class is close thast class could equal the 2005 class talent wise
19 of the 25 offers out are to kids on ESPN'S Watchlist for the Top 150 and Top 300

RSSR VanSloten 1st start this year
RSSR Boffeli who got his 1st start this year
RSJR Scherff 1st start this year
RSJR Donnal 1st start this year
RSSO Blythe 1st start this year
RSSO Walsh 1st start this year

the TE's will have
RSSO Duzzy 15 yards on 3 catches
RSSO Cobel 30 yards on 4 catches
the WR's will have

the biggest offensive weapon will be SR FG Kicker Meyer
no matter who the QB is hew will have a solid OL blocking for him and will have a solid group of skill guys to work with.

Please stop using RS - after freshmen year its not important.

Iwould say Greene was a nobody before the season began and ,
and with a spring and summer of training and running drills at the RB position he will be even better next fall'
give him that much time pulling weight while running will improve his speed and strength\
Claybourne and Ballard were just a RSSO and a true SO, and I don't remember who ther other 2 were.
and in 2009 Klug was a 2* converted LB.. LTP the same size is just as good or better than Klug was
Please stop comparing a finished product to a beginner
the biggest difference being the 2 QB's. Stanzi was head and shoulders above JVB, at least Stanzi could roll out and/or move the pocket,
this is where who ever get the nod at QB has to be better. just being able to roll out and/or move the pocket will be better than JVB,
not to mention working with a more experienced group, and if you look there will be just 3 senior starters on the Offense leaving making the 2014 season looking even better.
this is what kills the haters. recruiting has picked up , player retention is picking up, and if the talk about the 2014 class is close thast class could equal the 2005 class talent wise
19 of the 25 offers out are to kids on ESPN'S Watchlist for the Top 150 and Top 300

"I will go on record that Weisman is just as good as Greene"

Do you honest to God believe that? If you do, it's impossible for me to have a serious discussion/argument with you.

FreedComanche

Pick the more ridiculous statement. Freshman Game Olasani will average a double double or Mark Wiseman is better than Shonn Greene

Latest posts