IOWA WILL BE FAVORED.......BUT BY HOW MUCH?

tanman

Confident Iowa will be favored over NIU in Soldier Field, but by how much is the question? I for one am somewhat concerned about this game. NIU had great year last year, although I do not know what they have coming back. I certainly wouldn't put this game in the category of "guaranteed win". I don't know how many of those we will have next year, if any! This
game could play out like a "trap" game, since we have the Clones the following week. Hopefully no look ahead on our part!

Confident Iowa will be favored over NIU in Soldier Field, but by how much is the question? I for one am somewhat concerned about this game. NIU had great year last year, although I do not know what they have coming back. I certainly wouldn't put this game in the category of "guaranteed win". I don't know how many of those we will have next year, if any! This
game could play out like a "trap" game, since we have the Clones the following week. Hopefully no look ahead on our part!

Pretty sure they lose something like 75% of their starters.

Iowa will be a double digit favorite. NIU loses basically entire offense including best QB in history of program., as well as four multi year o-line starters and defense gave up 30.3 points per game last season.

Iowa will be a double digit favorite. NIU loses basically entire offense including best QB in history of program., as well as four multi year o-line starters and defense gave up 30.3 points per game last season.

Exactly. If NIU brought back a bunch of their starters I would be worried but they lost a ton. I'm not too worried about this one.

If there's concern about NIU, then this is going to be a loooooooong season.

I think we better strap ourselves in! If our defense rivals our defense from 2000 like Jon said, could very well be long year! Grant, yes we will have a better offense than we did in 2000, but I don't think we will have the necessary weapons to outscore other teams in a shootout!! I hope I'm wrong!

I will take a one point victory over a lot of teams this year. Northern Illinois is not one of them. If we don't beat them fairly solidly, I will look for a losing record on the season.

Iowa will be favored by whatever the bettors determine the point spread will be.

C-bus is correct on Tues - Sat. However, opening line = Vegas' most "realistic" estimate of true outcome, with the 1/2-pt hook to attract bettors from both sides. After that, the line moves with the money (or some significant news), and Vegas' goal is to get to a point where they could care less if the line = outcome.

So, I'll call opening line = Iowa -8.

Now for the real concern for this game ...

Will Iowa fans drink the taps dry, as they did last time by mid-3rd in the North end zone concessions, or will Soldier be better stocked? I favor Iowa fans by -12 minutes in the 4th over the beer supply.

Go Hawks! Rock Chi-town (cuz it will be the highlight of the season). After that, for everyones' sanity, it would be best to look at this season as merely biding time until tip-off.:eek:

C-bus is correct on Tues - Sat. However, opening line = Vegas' most "realistic" estimate of true outcome, with the 1/2-pt hook to attract bettors from both sides. After that, the line moves with the money (or some significant news), and Vegas' goal is to get to a point where they could care less if the line = outcome.

So, I'll call opening line = Iowa -8.

Now for the real concern for this game ...

Will Iowa fans drink the taps dry, as they did last time by mid-3rd in the North end zone concessions, or will Soldier be better stocked? I favor Iowa fans by -12 minutes in the 4th over the beer supply.

Go Hawks! Rock Chi-town (cuz it will be the highlight of the season). After that, for everyones' sanity, it would be best to look at this season as merely biding time until tip-off.:eek:

Well played sir! And very true from our last experience there! I think all of Michigan Avenue was dried up!!

Latest posts