Iowa wearing Blackout uniforms for the Minny game

spliff45

Whatever that means...

Hawkeye Football ‏@HawkeyeFootball 15m15 minutes ago

Blackout unis hit @kinnickstadium on 11.14.15! Releasing the video that has our players hyped on Friday | #Hawkeyes

What an impressive scene it will be that day! First Iowa wins the grapple on the gridiron. Then the football teams comes out and exerts maximum revenge on the goofers. I hope they break tendency and let the team run up the score on the goofers. They deserve punishment for what happened. I for one would not mind one bit if they did.

About damn time! This is awesome. Iowa's color scheme and mantra has been screaming for an alternate blackout theme for years. It took KF a long time to come around, but I'm glad he finally did. I'm excited to see them.

Nice, I think we could be setting a trend here. Wouldn't be surprised to see alternate uniforms really catch on after we pull this off.

Yes, I should probably try to control myself so I can at least remember this monumental jersey moment. Ah hell, I can DVR it! Never mind!!

I wouldn't mind seeing solid gold pants (lose the black stripe) Black shoes with gold Nike logo, black jerseys with solid gold numbers (ditch the white.) Only have one tiger hawk decal on the helmets (like the Steelers) but make the one tiger hawk decal much bigger, and have gold face masks.

video was clever. create interest. that's what its about.

I imagined Iowa coming out with the same normal home uniforms.

Then called to mind the Hooterville Fire Department Band - they played the same song every time, no matter what the conductor told them to play. Old guys here will remember that one.

I'd like to see them go with white pants on the road sometime too. The all black look at home and the all white or white jersey black pants on the road would be simple changes that would still mix things up a little.

The reaction from the kids to the uniforms should serve to remind us that they are just kids, and that is just fine with me!

Latest posts