Iowa Watching Cezar Guerrero

Our coaches went and watched a bunch of kids last spring that ended up not coming to Iowa. We can offer playing time, but supposedly Kansas is interested and OU and OSU are both good programs.

These coaches don't seem to be afraid to go up against stiff competition. Just hope they can close the deal on one of these guys, because it might open the door for other players.

He's a top 100 player who originally committed to Western Kentucky so maybe we still have a shot against the programs with more "prestige". I'm still not sure if Kansas will offer either.

We can offer playing time but just as importantly if any recruit saw the progress Cartwright has made they should be very interested in Iowa. Fran has always had success developing PG's

Guerrero has unbelievable handles and body control. He is a bit smaller than Elijah Carter, but both have no problem getting to the rim. Guerrero is much flashier, but I'd take either one. With that said, if I could pick one it would be Carter. He's an East Coast kid and I just like his size. Let's hope Fran can pull in one of them.

Man Cezar has some crazy handles. I watched a video of him in 9th grade on Youtube and it's crazy. I wouldn't mind either of these recruits.

Also according to Rivals, Kansas has offered Cezar a scholie.

I guess Kansas isn't too enamored with getting Naadir Tharpe, Top 150 player they have coming next season.
I have been wanting Stokes/Carter, but if Iowa can pull of getting Cezar then this staff will be the best recruiters since the Raveling staff.

Man Cezar has some crazy handles. I watched a video of him in 9th grade on Youtube and it's crazy. I wouldn't mind either of these recruits.

Also according to Rivals, Kansas has offered Cezar a scholie.

KU hasn't offered yet, but are really interested.

Does anyone know, other than Cartwright obviously, who the last player was we had from California? Especially one right out of high school and not the Juco route through another state like Cartwright? I can't remember any players we've had from California off the top of my head, getting any kid from there to come to Iowa would be a huge get now and potentially in the future IMO.

Does anyone know, other than Cartwright obviously, who the last player was we had from California? Especially one right out of high school and not the Juco route through another state like Cartwright? I can't remember any players we've had from California off the top of my head, getting any kid from there to come to Iowa would be a huge get now and potentially in the future IMO.

Just went back and looked at previous classes, and Josh Rhodes and Josh Crawford were the last two CA natives that signed with us, and obviously Rhodes never made it to campus. I don't recall about Crawford.

Prior to that, I don't know. James Moses was from CA..

Just went back and looked at previous classes, and Josh Rhodes and Josh Crawford were the last two CA natives that signed with us, and obviously Rhodes never made it to campus. I don't recall about Crawford.

Prior to that, I don't know. James Moses was from CA..

Thanks, didn't realize Moses was from there. What classes were Rhodes and Crawford in? Needless to say UI hasn't had many players from there looks like. I've been very impressed how Fran is recruiting coast to coast and leaving no stone unturned. He does not let where a kid lives keep him from recruiting him. Having Basabe and Cartwright on the team now is great, as potential recruits can talk to them about living in Iowa. Thanks for the info, and to anyone else that has any tidbits.

Good question. I know Rhodes was from California but he never played a game for us. Wasn't James Moses from Cali?

Edit: Oops. Slow on the draw.

How can anyone forget about Doug Thomas? California product right there.

Steve Carfino was from California IIRC.......going back a few years to the Glory Days....one of Lute's recruits...he was in my Coaching of Basketball class taught by Jim Rosborough and Lute Olson when I was a freshman.

Steve Carfino, who was recruited by Lute, went to the same high school. Gerry Wright transferred from USC to Iowa to play for Raveling.

I can't remember the name, but Alford signed a player from California and he left school almost immediately.

Latest posts