Iowa-Washington Preview, Prediction

Not fair for FOX to give us a Washington homer in the booth for a home game.

Give me Gus Johnson and Pat Angerer in the booth for FOX and call Matt Roth in to sub with Dolph.

No opinion on Jason Benetti. I like Brock Huard as a color analyst, he is solid. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like there are 5 Allison Williams. There’s the actress, then there is the sideline reporter in the late 90s, early 2000s, and now this one.

No opinion on Jason Benetti. I like Brock Huard as a color analyst, he is solid. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like there are 5 Allison Williams. There’s the actress, then there is the sideline reporter in the late 90s, early 2000s, and now this one.
Met Beneti once walking around just by chance and he’s a super cool guy. He’s got cerebral palsy which I didn’t know, you can tell in the way he walks and you notice a bit in person but the dude obviously fought it hard and he speaks a million times better than I do. You’d never notice it listening to his broadcasts. He made some pretty good lemonade out of the lemons he got handed.

He does work for the Cerebral Palsy Foundation and here’s a really cool video and interview he did

Met Beneti once walking around just by chance and he’s a super cool guy. He’s got cerebral palsy which I didn’t know, you can tell in the way he walks and you notice a bit in person but the dude obviously fought it hard and he speaks a million times better than I do. You’d never notice it listening to his broadcasts. He made some pretty good lemonade out of the lemons he got handed.

He does work for the Cerebral Palsy Foundation and here’s a really cool video and interview he did
Cool story and I didn't know that. I've always liked him as a play-by-play announcer. This makes me root for the guy even more.

Love Benetti. His work with Bill Walton doing Pac-12 games should have won awards - it was gold. He was the perfect partner for Walton.

I like Huard, too. I'm out here in WA and he seems to be everywhere (and well respected). I remember him gushing about his first visit to Kinnick several years back. He likes the history of the game and rightly thinks Kinnick is a special spot.

If I recall, this tandem did the win over Wisconsin last year, right? Benetti's call of maybe the greatest punting game in college football history was on point. He let Taylor's punts breathe - didn't feel the need to fill every second, but basically would gasp/say a couple things and let the punt do the talking.

Huard loved Castro.

Its on youtube and its sometimes better than TV. But, Doph's version of whats going on out there is weak.

Since I don't do Peacock, last year I listened to a couple games on SiriusXM. It was OK.

I grew up listening to Iowa sports on the radio via WHO and Jim Zabel. I kind of like the radio broadcasts.

Since I don't do Peacock, last year I listened to a couple games on SiriusXM. It was OK.

I grew up listening to Iowa sports on the radio via WHO and Jim Zabel. I kind of like the radio broadcasts.
I think it would be great to be able to go to an online library of recordings of old Iowa games ... scroll to a year pick a game and listen. Perfect for bedtime on headphones or a rainy day.

I lean Iowa here. KF tends to get a good result when things are at their darkest. Home cooking and Washington playing at 9 in the morning in their body clocks should play in Iowa's favor.

Iowa 24
Wash 21

Down deep I hope we give Washington a nice, warm welcome to a Saturday night B1G conference game at Kinnick. I hope it's a crispy fall night after the sun goes down.

Washington's offense will score more than Iowa's juggernaut offense. Iowa loses by 17 in a closer than realty game.

Latest posts