Iowa vs Wiscy 2010

Eda

Airing on BTN at 9:30 (CST) tonight. Fake punt aside, that was a really good game. Watch it… Or don't.

My DVR is set to record!

I've watched TWO losses today, O$U and Minnesota. Also recorded the win over Michigan from 2011. This week seems to be, "Iowa's most disappointing games of 2010" on the O$U Network.

I decided to watch 2008 Illinois. Odd to see stanzi unable to make a number of throws...but he as young. They ran read option pretty effectively a few times. Hampton and Greene were an awesome combo.

I've watched TWO losses today, O$U and Minnesota. Also recorded the win over Michigan from 2011. This week seems to be, "Iowa's most disappointing games of 2010" on the O$U Network.

They had the NW game from 2010 on before this one, so I was thinking it was "Troll Iowa Day" on the BTN.

Airing on BTN at 9:30 (CST) tonight. Fake punt aside, that was a really good game. Watch it… Or don't.

My DVR is set to record!

That whole Fall was a season long gut punch. The Minnesota game aside, where they clearly mailed it in, in each of the other 4 losses, they could not make a key stop on defense in the 4th quarter. IF they only had last year's version of Morris, Kirksey and Hitchens on that 2010 team . . .

I've watched the 2010 NW game where Persa goes All World on us and the Wisky game...that of the fake punt sucker punch. What struck me is that I forgot we were somewhat decimated at LB and we just didn't make many plays behind the d-line. That was a very good Wisconsin offense...what an offensive line. To think they lost Kendrick and White early on in that game...and to just drop in a Monty Ball with Clay, damn, that's deep at RB with incredible talent. Ball went on to be the NCAA Touchdown leader is all. To the above poster, the defense got the stop in the Wisky game, our special teams call just gave it back to them. It's probably game over if they punted that. Against NW, if Stanzi doesn't throw the INT when we were up 17-7 and change the momentum of that game...D was playing very well to that point. If we go up 20-7 or 24-7, probably game over. If Terrell Pryor wasn't Terrell Pryor, well, probably game over.

That was a tough year that could have been a great year. I was at that Arizona game too...we were the better team...they just made several huge, improbable plays at critical times. The football gods were against us in 2010.

I've watched the 2010 NW game where Persa goes All World on us and the Wisky game...that of the fake punt sucker punch. What struck me is that I forgot we were somewhat decimated at LB and we just didn't make many plays behind the d-line. That was a very good Wisconsin offense...what an offensive line. To think they lost Kendrick and White early on in that game...and to just drop in a Monty Ball with Clay, damn, that's deep at RB with incredible talent. Ball went on to be the NCAA Touchdown leader is all. To the above poster, the defense got the stop in the Wisky game, our special teams call just gave it back to them. It's probably game over if they punted that. Against NW, if Stanzi doesn't throw the INT when we were up 17-7 and change the momentum of that game...D was playing very well to that point. If we go up 20-7 or 24-7, probably game over. If Terrell Pryor wasn't Terrell Pryor, well, probably game over.

That was a tough year that could have been a great year. I was at that Arizona game too...we were the better team...they just made several huge, improbable plays at critical times. The football gods were against us in 2010.

Nailed it. Easy to forget how close we came to a great season that year. A play here or there, Iowa wins all those games. Agree about the lbers....Nielsen, Tarp and Hunter all got hurt that season, and Johnson/morris were simply not good enough or mature enough. The OSU game, refs missed an obvious call late in the game where ARob got hammered before the pass got to him, and he was concussed and ended his career, but the proper call puts iowa on the OSU 48 yrd line with over a minute to play, down 3....Meyer missed a kick from the 22 yrd line earlier but did make one later. Close game, could have been Iowas.

In the Wisky game, which really changed the whole trajectory of our season, Iowa outplayed them, but lost to the fake punt. Shame. We had won 10 straight trophy games going into that game...but after that it seemed like we did not win many for awhile...shame.

Yeah some of the gms were hard to watch but it was cool that btn was airing Iowa gms all day

Nailed it. Easy to forget how close we came to a great season that year. A play here or there, Iowa wins all those games. Agree about the lbers....Nielsen, Tarp and Hunter all got hurt that season, and Johnson/morris were simply not good enough or mature enough. The OSU game, refs missed an obvious call late in the game where ARob got hammered before the pass got to him, and he was concussed and ended his career, but the proper call puts iowa on the OSU 48 yrd line with over a minute to play, down 3....Meyer missed a kick from the 22 yrd line earlier but did make one later. Close game, could have been Iowas.

In the Wisky game, which really changed the whole trajectory of our season, Iowa outplayed them, but lost to the fake punt. Shame. We had won 10 straight trophy games going into that game...but after that it seemed like we did not win many for awhile...shame.

Actually, what killed us that game was not going for the throat when we intercepted in Wiscy territory with a 27-24 lead, instead getting just a FG and having a 6-point lead which, of course, didn't hold up.

I haven't watched that game since it was played and don't ever plan on watching it again. One time was plenty enough. Mostly because of my hatred for all things Wisconsin. The game really changed the trajectory of the program. Last year was a step in the right direction but Iowa really needs to beat Wisconsin this season, like they used to do. Just lining up and beating the **** out of them.

I can't, I just bought a meat grinder and I rather put...well, you get it.

That was one of the most painful games to stomach...I think if Iowa beats Wisconsin, they don't collapse and go on to have an amazing season.

My DVR is set to record!

My vantage point for this game probably has a lot to do with my thoughts, but it was probably the greatest college football game I have ever attended. I was on the sidelines for the BTN and it was louder than anything I have ever heard...and the two Cap One Bowl reps I was standing by when Greenwood intercepted a 4Q pass couldn't believe the roar.

Having to interview Biels on the turf right after the game and smile through it...tough assignment ;)

Actually, what killed us that game was not going for the throat when we intercepted in Wiscy territory with a 27-24 lead, instead getting just a FG and having a 6-point lead which, of course, didn't hold up.

Nope, what killed Iowa that day were the special teams blunders. And you don't even have to include the fake punt in order for that to be true.

Blocked PAT, botched FG and an offsides on a kickoff that caused a re-kick which Wisky took out around midfield instead of being backed way up.

The game and time decisions by BTN is more evidence of their anti Iowa bias. The Michigan game was on at 5am I think. All of those 2010 garbage games all got air time at better time slots. On top of that they played all of them. How about replacing 2 of those games with Iowa's wins over Pedo State and Missouri from that year.

Nope, what killed Iowa that day were the special teams blunders. And you don't even have to include the fake punt in order for that to be true.

Blocked PAT, botched FG and an offsides on a kickoff that caused a re-kick which Wisky took out around midfield instead of being backed way up.

Yep. You name it, Iowa did it that day. Even with all of that, they STILL had a chance to win the game.

All that, too! Geez, and we only lost by 1...

The thing that cracks me up about the 2010 Wisky game is the amount of Iowa fans that claim the fake punt to be the turning point at when things went south for the 2010 season....it wasn't.

Iowa came back the very next week and put a beat down on undefeated and Top 5 ranked MSU. They then escaped at Indiana in a game where you take a win anyway you can get it and get the heck out of Bloomington.

Then the meltdown started, of course in Evanston. Followed by a heart breaker at home against OSU AND a lackluster effort in TCF.

Iowa still controlled their own destiny for at least a share of the B1G title heading into the game at NU. That is where the season headed south. The people who want to say it went in the toilet right after the fake punt either didnt watch the rest of the season or just want a good story,

Latest posts