Iowa vs UConn Game Thread

Bluder is a great offensive coach, and great coach overall, but sometimes I really question her game management skills. Well into the 4th quarter she watches her team give up multiple (3, 4?) consecutive baskets and UConn catches the Hawks and goes up by 2, with Iowa's offense having gone cold. Sitting with 3 time-outs, GOTTA use one there. Just gotta. But she didn't...Hawks miss another poor shot, UConn scores again, now a 4 pt deficit for a game you've led the entire 2nd half. Surely she'll use her time-out now. Nope. Hawks miss another shot, UConn scores again, now it's a 6-pt deficit and for all practical purposes the game vs the #3 team in the country is over. Meanwhile, the last 35 seconds of the game are played with Iowa sitting on 1 time-out because they're fouling UConn anyway on each possession to stop the clock. A pretty big coaching blunder by Bluder.

The men(s) and woman(s) team feel like a mirror image of each other. It isn't about getting buckets, it is about getting key defensive stops when you need it. Basketball is all about making runs and both squads struggle in preventing a run from turning into a avalanche.

Bluder is a great offensive coach, and great coach overall, but sometimes I really question her game management skills. Well into the 4th quarter she watches her team give up multiple (3, 4?) consecutive baskets and UConn catches the Hawks and goes up by 2, with Iowa's offense having gone cold. Sitting with 3 time-outs, GOTTA use one there. Just gotta. But she didn't...Hawks miss another poor shot, UConn scores again, now a 4 pt deficit for a game you've led the entire 2nd half. Surely she'll use her time-out now. Nope. Hawks miss another shot, UConn scores again, now it's a 6-pt deficit and for all practical purposes the game vs the #3 team in the country is over. Meanwhile, the last 35 seconds of the game are played with Iowa sitting on 1 time-out because they're fouling UConn anyway on each possession to stop the clock. A pretty big coaching blunder by Bluder.

In the third quarter when UConn was making everything and we couldn't hit the backboard

I thought a TO would have helped the team

They played a very good game and are fun to watch

Gonna watch every game on TV

I would love to have Caitlin on the Men's team

Latest posts