Iowa vs. the SEC

vikubz

I can't help but notice that none of the talking heads have brought up Iowa's recent record vs. SEC teams, say the last 5 years or so.

I can't help but notice that none of the talking heads have brought up Iowa's recent record vs. SEC teams, say the last 5 years or so.

Nice point, they just broaden it out to the entire big ten and lump Iowa in there even though they have performed well over the time period you specified...

Our bowl wins always get overshadowed by nearly everyone else in the big ten dropping their bowl games. I think this year the Big Ten will fare much better in bowl games, no conference appears to be the "end all" of college football. Flordia and Alabama have had a few close calls, Texas doesnt look immune and USC has already shown that they can lose on any given sat...

In the end, the media has long ago decided that if it isn't a BCS game it doesn't matter... and even then it only matters if you're Ohio State, because who wants to check Oklahoma's record in BCS games?

Let's hope we get a matchup with an SEC team again come bowl time, a bit higher up in the rankings as well!

I hope a healthy Iowa team gets a shot at any SEC team this year in a BCS game. Since the 2003 Orange Bowl game, KF and company have been masterfull at bowl prep.

Latest posts