Iowa vs Purdue offical game thread

A lack of consistency is why I said Marble wasn't ready for the NBA at the beginning of the season, when many others were proclaiming him an NBA draft pick and that he might not play his senior year. I even went as far to say he wasn't a shadow of what his dad was. His dad in his prime would have his lunch at ANY position on the floor....... not even close. Like I also said its easy to relax against inferior teams when your up by twenty points and you know your likely to get the rebounds even if a shot is missed. It's a whole different world though when your playing in the Big Ten and the game is on the line. A decent player, yes. NBA quality, not. Maybe next year......maybe not.

Let's have perspective. There is nothing much this team has done to show it "should" have won.

They are low and talent AND experience.

Take out an on fire run last year by a player who is no longer with the team and what have they done to make one think they are good enough to dance.

Weak NC schedule.

When you are under talented, it makes coaching more visible and calls more important.

There is little more than experience to make one think they will rebound in the future which counts for a lot, but not indicative of being a great team.

There is little in the way of current recruits to make one really think there will be quick improvement.

Anyone watch the MSU and IU game and think Iowa is anywhere close to either?

Purdue is a lower caliber B!G that is tough at home. This game was a thermometer of where Iowa is at.

There is indication that some fundamental things are very wrong which could mean bad players or bad coaches. Marbles dribbling is something not often seen. Same with AW's being lost. it is beyond freshman experience in badness.

MG is a solid freshman #2. Basabe could get minutes for anyone and should play more. White is anyone's solid 6 or 7th man....on any team... Clemmons will develop. All is not lost.

Long way to go. I'm not sure AW will ever be solid, buy he is young and on a good team wouldn't get many minutes.

Lol, even though you're a troll, I'd still like to see if you have anything positive to say about Iowa.

A lack of consistency is why I said Marble wasn't ready for the NBA at the beginning of the season, when many others were proclaiming him an NBA draft pick and that he might not play his senior year. I even went as far to say he wasn't a shadow of what his dad was. His dad in his prime would have his lunch at ANY position on the floor....... not even close. Like I also said its easy to relax against inferior teams when your up by twenty points and you know your likely to get the rebounds even if a shot is missed. It's a whole different world though when your playing in the Big Ten and the game is on the line. A decent player, yes. NBA quality, not. Maybe next year......maybe not.

Marble's not an NBA player and never will be. And until he realizes that, I'm beginning to think this team would be better off without him. There's way too much dribbling and one on one when he's in. When they focus on good ball movement, the offense is alright.

and MSU w/o one of theirs and playing an awful game.

Lol you are absolutely ridiculous. MSU wasn't without one of their best players, and I forgot that Iowa can't play anyone close unless the other team plays a terrible team. You're a complete moron.

Lol, even though you're a troll, I'd still like to see if you have anything positive to say about Iowa.

Realism isn't being a troll. We have several pieces of the puzzle but missing a lot. When we finish well below 500, then call me names if you'd like.

Realism isn't being a troll. We have several pieces of the puzzle but missing a lot. When we finish well below 500, then call me names if you'd like.

Everything you have to say is negative, and you've made it obvious in the past that you're a troll. Post something positive for a change, and maybe you'll change my mind.

In case you missed it, see below. I have also said that the team is way ahead of last year no matter how many wins.

For a reality check, AW's hesitation to shoot facing the basket within 8 feet is highly unusual. You just don't see a player run out to the foul line like that if they are the big guy unless they don't understand the game. 20 starts in, that is basic basketball. Either a lack of understanding, or poor coaching.

Truth hurts.

"MG is a solid freshman #2. Basabe could get minutes for anyone and should play more. White is anyone's solid 6 or 7th man....on any team... Clemmons will develop. All is not lost."

In all fairness to Marble he had two decent shots and had there been 10 minutes left instead of just seconds refs probably would have sent him to the line as he was bumped from behind on both shots. Most of these officials are gutless to make a call that could decide a game.

Jim Bain says hai

And there goes any last dreams of Iowa making the NCAA, ******* away wins on the road is what this team does best...so much for being back, still nothing bu bottom feeder in the B1G

Lol you are absolutely ridiculous. MSU wasn't without one of their best players, and I forgot that Iowa can't play anyone close unless the other team plays a terrible team. You're a complete moron.

I stand corrected on the injury thing. I mixed up the shoulder injury. That player played thru it.

About your other comments, stop name calling. People that don't do name calling generally don't tell you what they really think and it doesn't impress anyone.

2ndly, I'm pretty realistic. This is a message board for discussion, not cheerleading.

My positions:

We are solid at several positions, but not deep enough on talent. Deep on ok players.

this team is far above the past in many ways even if the record won't show it.

I do have concerns about several basic fundamentals that teams in their 3rd year w/ a coach shouldn't be exhibiting.

We are somewhat limited due to using youth.

Some of the youth are struggling with fundamentals that should be improving 20 games in and aren't, except for MG.

It does not strike me that the incoming players will change things. Where I live I see a lot of D1 recruits. A lot of them. I haven't been particularly impressed with the players Iowa is offering and have a realistic chance at. Many are projects, which is ok, but not exactly tigers in a competitive sense.

As far as negativity goes I don't see any problem with analysis. I do have concerns about the hate directed at JO.

MSU did look terrible against Iowa. Wisky was a good game, minus late collapse, but they maintained. Purdue is not a good team anyway you shake it. We beat 2 decent teams in Wisky and ISU at home. Lower division teams often do that just like Texas Tech.

Latest posts