Iowa vs Ohio st.

SDHAWKFAN

This may be a stupid question but ill ask it anyways.

Lets say Ohio St comes into town undefeated, and a Sec team and Ohio st are the remaining undefeated teams. Lets say Iowa only has 1 loss. If iowa were to beat Ohio St would they have a shot at the National title, or would they still have to go to the rose bowl

it would depend. An undefeated TCU or Boise would get in over a 1 loss B-10 team. A 1 loss SEC team would also get in over a 1 loss B10 team.

I don't think they would take a 1 loss SEC team over a 1 loss Big Ten team if the other team in the game is an undefeated SEC team. I agree that an unbeaten Boise St or TCU gets in before a 1 loss Iowa.

A guy on ESPN said it best the other day when discussing NC contenders. Basically that when you lose you move to the end of the line and simply don't have a choice but to wait until others ahead of you lose to move up.

I do like where your head is at but I don't see a realistic series of events that would lead Iowa into NC contention. National preception took a huge hit last night. Now it's back to Iowa=slow, can't play with fast southern schools. Regardless if it is actually truth.

If (big if) Michigan is undefeated when Iowa goes to Ann Arbor and if (another big if) Iowa blasts them out of the stadium. Maybe national view can recover to some degree. But its going to take a meltdown in the SEC and B12 for Iowa to move ahead of the elite teams, even with an 11-1 record which is very unrealistic at this point.

This may be a stupid question but ill ask it anyways.

Lets say Ohio St comes into town undefeated, and a Sec team and Ohio st are the remaining undefeated teams. Lets say Iowa only has 1 loss. If iowa were to beat Ohio St would they have a shot at the National title, or would they still have to go to the rose bowl

Welcome to stage 3 of grief...bargaining. The chances of 1. Iowa winning out 2. Every other team except one losing a game (including the cake schedules TCU and Boise have) are so minute its not even worth thinking about.

Seriously stop with the national title talk? How many years have you watched Iowa football and how many years have we won a national title? Its not going to happen. Get it through your head.

I'll take anything...if someone said would you take 9-3 or 10-2 I would take it...11-1 is a pretty big reach...

Latest posts