Iowa vs. Northwestern on ESPN?

IowaPride

How did the Iowa vs. Northwestern game get on ESPN at 6? Both teams are in the bottom half of the Big Ten.

I believe that ESPN is contractually obligated to show every Big Ten team at least once. I suppose this way,they get the two teams with the least national following out of the way during the olympics when their ratings take a hit anyway and just chalk it up as a loss leader they must bear to get the MSU,OSU and PU games thruout the season.

Give the national audience a show,Hawks!! Iowa 59 NW 57...Go Hawks!

I believe that ESPN is contractually obligated to show every Big Ten team at least once. I suppose this way,they get the two teams with the least national following out of the way during the olympics when their ratings take a hit anyway and just chalk it up as a loss leader they must bear to get the MSU,OSU and PU games thruout the season.

This is correct

It makes great sense then. Kill two birds with one stone by getting both one ESPN tonight knowing the Olympics were on. Genius!!

Thursday night games on ESPN aren't normally prime matchups anyways, regardless of whether the Olympics are on.

Who will be the announcers that will be poking fun of our Hawks this time?

ESPN doesn't say, but it does have this:

Thursday Night Showcase Pres By T. Rowe Price as Part of Judgment Week Pres By Miller Lite: Big Ten - Iowa vs. Northwestern​

Judgment Week? I think everybody has made up their minds about these two teams.

Hey I'm digging it, looking through and saw it was on ESPN, definitely unexpected but I'll be tuning in.

Latest posts