Iowa vs. MSU Thurs ~5pm ET

Well Fran is playing on it....he said "we're going have to beat 4 great teams this week."

I LOVE it haha....It's not unthinkable....Hawks in March Madness baby!!! lol

Well... a run of beating Purdue, Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Ohio State would deserve a ticket to the dance!

If MSU loses to Iowa, they might not get in the tourney...so they are in must win land...most bracket folks have them as a 10 seed or so right now..ESPN had them as a 10 before the loss to Michigan.

So if they lose to Iowa, they are not going to get in. Iowa will get the best Izzo has...we'll see if they get the best that the MSU players have.

If Iowa wins, they will have cost Purdue a #1 seed and MSU a bid in the span of five days

It is possible, as we have beaten both MSU and Purdue both this year. Our guys will be prepared and ready to play at a high level, Fran, the coaches and our seniors will make sure of that. I remember our improbable run in the BT Tourney under SA, and Fran is a much better bench coach and excels at player development and motivation. Go Hawks!!

It is possible, as we have beaten both MSU and Purdue both this year. Our guys will be prepared and ready to play at a high level, Fran, the coaches and our seniors will make sure of that. I remember our improbable run in the BT Tourney under SA, and Fran is a much better bench coach and excels at player development and motivation. Go Hawks!!

Alford had a better team, though. I could see us upsetting MSU. MAYBE Purdue again (big stretch). But no way do we then beat Wisconsin AND Ohio State. Not happening.

Alford had a better team, though. I could see us upsetting MSU. MAYBE Purdue again (big stretch). But no way do we then beat Wisconsin AND Ohio State. Not happening.

We had Wiscy beat. and a chance to win it on the last play of regulation.

I just don't think we can hold up against that kind of a grind and keep winning.

Yeah our lack of depth can kill us, but at the same time we have nothing to play for, but just having fun. Maybe we can catch a couple of teams on the choke side getting nervous and their hands starting to shake as they attempt shots.

I agree that SA had better players and more to work with, but these guys would run through a brick wall with their hair on fire for Fran, and I think we have MSU's number, and will have a shot at least against Purdue. Anything can happen come tourney time.

I agree that SA had better players and more to work with, but these guys would run through a brick wall with their hair on fire for Fran, and I think we have MSU's number, and will have a shot at least against Purdue. Anything can happen come tourney time.

MSU beat us by 19 points just four nights ago. I don't think we have their number. And they're playing for their Big Dance lives now.

Duly noted, but at a nuetral site, all bets are off. All of your points are valid, but just as I had a feeling that something big was going to happen on Saturday, I have a feeling that the momentum we will be carrying from that game into the tourney bodes well for us. I'll be happy if we go 1-1 vs. MSU and Purdue as long as we play hard and give 100%effort. I love how our guys don't give up, and are getting after it. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If MSU loses to Iowa, they might not get in the tourney...so they are in must win land...most bracket folks have them as a 10 seed or so right now..ESPN had them as a 10 before the loss to Michigan.

So if they lose to Iowa, they are not going to get in. Iowa will get the best Izzo has...we'll see if they get the best that the MSU players have.

If Iowa wins, they will have cost Purdue a #1 seed and MSU a bid in the span of five days

Whoa...I think "it"...just "moved"...:eek:

This is true, but that team never should have been in that position in the first place.

MSU beat us by 19 points just four nights ago. I don't think we have their number. And they're playing for their Big Dance lives now.

On their own floor, and three days later Iowa beat the #6 team in the land. This is on a neutral floor, and the pressure is on Sparty and we've all seen how they've responded to pressure this year.

On their own floor, and three days later Iowa beat the #6 team in the land. This is on a neutral floor, and the pressure is on Sparty and we've all seen how they've responded to pressure this year.

Valid points. I'm not saying it's impossible by any means. But any fan of an 11-19 team saying that they have an Izzo-coached team's number in March is sheer hilarity. We definitely can't say that at this point.

Latest posts