Iowa vs Minny

Telford has had enough chances this year but for whatever reason just doesn't have it. I'd go with Raising the rest of this year. Ironside is furious with Telford's lack of aggression on the mat.

Wait...you're concerned with TELFORD'S lack of aggression??? Have you ever watched Rasing? We're probably not going to score much at HWT (sadly), but Telford is a better option. Getting majored in the waning seconds of 49, and losing 65 cost us. Not Telford.

Telford looked pretty bad. Did you see how he told Brands he wanted to go down in the second? He just wanted to take a 2 minute break on his belly.

We still might get to wrestle Okie St in consolations if Illinois can win the Hwt match.
Okie St Hwt out with Pectoral injury and might be out of action for some time. Coach Smith pulled the redshirt off of his Freshman Hwt.

Wait...you're concerned with TELFORD'S lack of aggression??? Have you ever watched Rasing? We're probably not going to score much at HWT (sadly), but Telford is a better option. Getting majored in the waning seconds of 49, and losing 65 cost us. Not Telford.

That is true. Kelly and Evans had lackluster performances. Maybe Kelly can see how giving up the major cost his team. We arent even asking you to win Kelly just dont keep giving up 4 points. Overall i would say the hawkeyes are going in reverse. Where did the offense go? Even Mcd isnt scoring like he has in the past. I wonder what is in the water in Iowa City this year. Not good

If there as even a split second of aggresion out of Telford I'd agree but that was a PATHETIC match. Gotta disagree, need a little more out of this weight.

Ironside said it best..."At least Raising made numerous attempts to make shots where Telford took one the entire match."

Telford has shown no aggression in the last 10 matches he has wrestled. I'm not sure why but it is going to be a tough call for Coach Brands to make in regard to his starter.
Apparently you did not watch Raising win Big 10's and beat Nelson 3 times last year when he was the starter.

If there as even a split second of aggresion out of Telford I'd agree but that was a PATHETIC match. Gotta disagree, need a little more out of this weight.

His only saving grace is Nelson is a returning AA and ranked #4. I guess the way I see it is we know what we're going to get out of Rasing. Telford is the future. Why not give him the experience?

The OSU backup HWT didn't have any problems with finding a will to win to save his team. TD in the last 13 seconds to win the dual and he is a BACKUP. I agree with you guys it has to be Rasing, Telford needs some work.

Where were all these Raising fans a month ago? I've been wondering why we aren't using our Big Ten champ with tons of experience and give Bobby another year to gain experience.

Ironside said it best..."At least Raising made numerous attempts to make shots where Telford took one the entire match."

Telford has shown no aggression in the last 10 matches he has wrestled. I'm not sure why but it is going to be a tough call for Coach Brands to make in regard to his starter.
Apparently you did not watch Raising win Big 10's and beat Nelson 3 times last year when he was the starter.

I did watch that. I also watched him go 1-1 at Nationals and just lose 7-2 to the same Nelson who just beat Telford 2-0. Not sure where the Rasing love fest comes from. What has he done to take the spot from BT? He's never beat him. He's lost worse to common opponents. He finished behind him at the Midlands.

Where were all these Raising fans a month ago? I've been wondering why we aren't using our Big Ten champ with tons of experience and give Bobby another year to gain experience.

BT started the season on fire and had also beaten Raising in wrestle offs. I think most Hawk fans were/are hopeful that BT could bounce back from the slump he has been in for the past 6 weeks and regain the energy/aggression that he had at the start of the season.
Either way, Coach Brands knows what is best and will make the correct call on who starts for the Big 10 tourney. Hopefully either BT or Raising can win matches at Big 10's and provide us with valuable team points.

Latest posts