Iowa vs. Minnesota line and predictions

WindsorHawk

Iowa is favored by 6.5. I will take the Hawks 75-62.

Side Note - Iowa is 14-1 this season when scoring at least 64 points...only loss being to Iowa State.

Last edited:
th

I just saw the line as well. My first thought was that it was a good bet to take Iowa, but then a terrible feeling came over me. Too good to be true? Not sure the Hawks are to the point yet (in my eyes, at least) where they are ever a good bet.

Minny is winless on the road in the Big Ten (losses are by 3, 4, 5, 5, and 12) and has only beaten a bad Wake Forest team on the road. You could argue that Iowa is the best team they've played on the road. Playing at Maryland and Purdue are the only ones that could be considered equal to Iowa.

Iowa 80
Goofers 68
This will be an accurate prediction if they don't play Jekyl and Hyde ball. If the Goofs play their best basketball, and the Hawks play their best basketball, this would likely be the spread. Goofs would be overmatched.

Iowa has had a pretty efficient offense the last two games. Hopefully they can keep that up tonight. they are spreading and passing the ball around well.

¡starting final eight games with spanish exclamation point.

Iowa 77 Minnie 64

More ! to follow

¡starting final eight games with spanish exclamation point.

Iowa 77 Minnie 64

More ! to follow

Hopefully not of the "Are you serious? !!!!!!!", or "He didn't poke his eye." !!!!!!!!, or "I can't believe that we got beat by Minnesota'" !!!!!!!! :p

Several things here guys...we have a chip on our shoulder right now, we are playing unselfishly, we are playing our best ball of the year. There will be no let down at home! Minnesota is a fragile team at best. Iowa comes out swinging, Carver is rocking like old times, the students are into the game big time! Iowa 79 Minnesota 56....this will be ugly.

Sorry, but I feel an upset coming.

Minnesota 70
Iowa 69

You've been nervous all week. I don't think Minnesota is in Iowa State's league. So we either score less than 64 or win...season trend continues. And I don't believe for a minute that Minnesota can hold us under 64. Relax and enjoy the game Gliding!

I find the -6.5 line to be really confusing. Iowa was -6.5 on Sunday against Maryland. In other words Vegas lined Minnesota and Maryland exactly the same. I guess bettors must think Minnesota is rolling lately, but still seems a bit odd. I thought the Maryland line was too high when I saw it but Iowa covered easily.

Im always nervous when Iowa plays Minnesota, but the Hawks have found something and I think they keep it rolling:

Iowa 78
Minnesota 64

Sorry, but I feel an upset coming.

Minnesota 70
Iowa 69

I hope not. If Iowa plays anything like the way they've been the last couple games, Iowa wins by double digits. If they come out flat, you may be right about the upset.

I'll split the difference:

Iowa -73
Minny - 66

Hopefully not of the "Are you serious? !!!!!!!", or "He didn't poke his eye." !!!!!!!!, or "I can't believe that we got beat by Minnesota'" !!!!!!!! :p
Those types of !!!!! Would be preceeded usually with. #&*% ("ing"s optional)

Nope. I'm hoping/expecting at least 6 of these !!!!!! For each wwwwww

I'm going all Kirk Ferentz on this game. As long as Iowa wins by 1 point I will take the win. The Goophers always concern me when they play Iowa.

So Iowa can only take layups if no one is near them? Main goal is not to turn the ball over until the shot clock runs out. Let the defense take care of it.

Latest posts