Iowa vs. Michigan Prediction

Iowa wins a game that looks like it could be played with leather helmets

Iowa 17 - Michigan 14

I would take a no helmet game game if Duke Slater was playing. I would still like the '21 team beat Michigan if only they had played.

Unsure how 8-4 could possibly provide an empty feeling. But OK.

Hawks 21
Wolverines 13.

Let's make Michigan our b****again!
Ann Arbor is a hoor!
And all the other hilarious chants!

Not so sure we get 8....but if we do not sure I'd call it an empty feel, given its 1-2 wins better than almost anyone thought. I'd call it a pretty decent year most years, and a very good year THIS season.

I still don't feel great about winning both, but would would be in uforia if we beat nebby to go 8-4, mostly cause I thought 7 wins was the ceiling after the loss to NIU but more so because beating nebby would be awesome for me living in Omaha.

NIU will be looked at as the one that got away...MAC team or not a loss to an eventual top 15 team won't look that bad(although I will still think it was ours to win)

Let's beat Mich first though.

Anyone complaining about 8-4, well, is poised for lifelong angst and unfulfillment as a Hawk fan, not my opinion...history's fact.

.750 is good, not great, but good. And better than almost any best stretch of more than 5 consecutive years in our entire history...which I guess us why I have a hard time understanding why 7-8 wins is considered "accepting mediocrity".
8/12 = .750??? And I would say 7 wins is mediocre. 8 is not mediocre. I expect 8 wins each year. 3-4 wins in non conference and 4-5 in conference isn't asking much with the current state I college football.

Cold and windy, probably going to need the run the ball a lot, which seems like a tailored made situation for Iowa.

Iowa 24 Michigan 7

8/12 = .750??? And I would say 7 wins is mediocre. 8 is not mediocre. I expect 8 wins each year. 3-4 wins in non conference and 4-5 in conference isn't asking much with the current state I college football.

My bad. .... .667

And I agree with the rest.

Hawkeyes- 17

Michigan- 10

This is where I'm at. Both teams will have trouble scoring but Iowa's rushing attack will manage to set up two TDs and one FG. Michigan will get their score on a pick six.

Last edited:
Not so sure we get 8....but if we do not sure I'd call it an empty feel, given its 1-2 wins better than almost anyone thought. I'd call it a pretty decent year most years, and a very good year THIS season.

I still don't feel great about winning both, but would would be in uforia if we beat nebby to go 8-4, mostly cause I thought 7 wins was the ceiling after the loss to NIU but more so because beating nebby would be awesome for me living in Omaha.

NIU will be looked at as the one that got away...MAC team or not a loss to an eventual top 15 team won't look that bad(although I will still think it was ours to win)

Let's beat Mich first though.

Anyone complaining about 8-4, well, is poised for lifelong angst and unfulfillment as a Hawk fan, not my opinion...history's fact.

.750 is good, not great, but good. And better than almost any best stretch of more than 5 consecutive years in our entire history...which I guess us why I have a hard time understanding why 7-8 wins is considered "accepting mediocrity".

Iowa has to win this Saturday or this season is a flop..
Iowa 17-3

I'm not sure what to think of this team. They score 63 in a somewhat close win, then they score one touchdown in the next 180 minutes. I'll say 16-6 Hawks.

A day of turnovers and battle of wills with Iowa showing more spirit and determination in the face of the bitter cold. I have a feeling Gardner doesn't play the full game.

Iowa 21 Michigan 17

Latest posts