Iowa vs. Michigan Prediction

If Michigan wins, that would be 4 consecutive SR Day losses for Iowa (2010- Ohio St, 2011- MSU, 2012- Nebraska).

Damn, hope Iowa can pull this one out. No more home season finales against the Gophers every other year.

We are cruising 19 - 6 midway through the 4th, when a fake punt gets UM an after-thought TD. That afterthought turns into a nightmare when the obvious on-side kick is recovered by Michigan who turns it into 7 points as the clock expires and they pull off another miracle by the score of 20 - 19.

Yes, a fake punt and an on-side kick back-to-back. Our 19 points would have been 23 points, except for another red-zone off-sides by one of the linemen... so we settle for the FG.

19-14 Hawks....1 defensive score and the rest are field goals.....can't punch it in when in the red zone......frustrating offense as I predict...this board will be lit up on Saturday....but not the score board...

And by the way, I think a driving wind helps the Hawkeyes against Michigan. Michigan can’t run the ball and Gardner’s ball placement leaves a lot to be desired. Rudock should be getting used to the wind by now.

I wouldn’t want to play Nebraska in a driving wind though. Their running game is very good.

We are cruising 19 - 6 midway through the 4th, when a fake punt gets UM an after-thought TD. That afterthought turns into a nightmare when the obvious on-side kick is recovered by Michigan who turns it into 7 points as the clock expires and they pull off another miracle by the score of 20 - 19.

Yes, a fake punt and an on-side kick back-to-back. Our 19 points would have been 23 points, except for another red-zone off-sides by one of the linemen... so we settle for the FG.

Don't you mean false start by the moped riding legend?

Hawks win in triple overtime, 9-6.

Yeah, this is probably not far off. I'd say 12-9 in OT, Iowa. OSU is pretty good. Wisconsin and MSU are good. Purdue and Illinois are awful. Maybe Indiana is too, I don't know. But then the whole rest of the B1G is just a blob of crap and I think we are one of the better teams in that blob. It is the most parity between the fourth and eighth best teams that I've ever seen.

Hawks win. We're on the way to an empty feeling 8-4 season.

Not so sure we get 8....but if we do not sure I'd call it an empty feel, given its 1-2 wins better than almost anyone thought. I'd call it a pretty decent year most years, and a very good year THIS season.

I still don't feel great about winning both, but would would be in uforia if we beat nebby to go 8-4, mostly cause I thought 7 wins was the ceiling after the loss to NIU but more so because beating nebby would be awesome for me living in Omaha.

NIU will be looked at as the one that got away...MAC team or not a loss to an eventual top 15 team won't look that bad(although I will still think it was ours to win)

Let's beat Mich first though.

Anyone complaining about 8-4, well, is poised for lifelong angst and unfulfillment as a Hawk fan, not my opinion...history's fact.

.750 is good, not great, but good. And better than almost any best stretch of more than 5 consecutive years in our entire history...which I guess us why I have a hard time understanding why 7-8 wins is considered "accepting mediocrity".

Latest posts