Iowa vs Iowa 0-2 // Meltdown!!!!!

Omaherky

1. Miss the extra point

2. Miss field goal

3. Punt on 4th down fake for first

4. Timeout when you can spike it

5. Throw the freak'n ball OUT OF BOUNDS on first down with 16 seconds to go

This is not right!!! Iowa had the better squad out there today but DID NOT EXECUTE. It is sad. I am very upset right now. IOWA is BETTER THEN THIS!

The KEY was that we needed to call plays to get the ball in the endzone after Greenwood's interception. You're right on as to the above points, but a good team puts the game away after the INT. Disgusting.

if ever that was a time for a fake punt call that was it, and with that time left in the game we should have not worried about a return at all and just made sure there was no fake or if so to stop it......... alot of mistakes today, we had a chance to win but too many mental errors!

i think everyone saw the fake punt coming, but i staff didn't even attempt to protect against it.

it really looked like the staff overrode Stanzi for the spike ball, even if Rick would have lined up for it, i have a feeling the staff would have called a t.o. anyway.

but Rick has to know you can't take a sack, and if you throw the ball with no timeouts left, you either go sideline, past the 1st down marker, or out of bounds.

i'm sure KF won't answer any questions regarding the time mgmt. never has, never will. Just say we have to shore it up.

Every year we deal with this and it has cost us a few games.

What annoys me just as much is our unwillingness to go for the kill. We get the INT, and we run up the gut, then check down to RB, and a INC pass. TD there and the game is OVER, WI takes the knockout punch and doesn't get up.

but we play too safe. Just think if we weren't so lucky last year, we are probably looking at a 8-4 record.

I love this staff, they develop players, and both sides of the ball can put up great numbers, but we waste ourselves with every game being close. we don't get our subs in, and our margin of error is so slim that things like a missed xp costs us the game.

I think every Hawk fan knows Iowa has a great team but we did not stand up to the tests this year.

Is the season over....NO, by no means is the season over. Win out and you still could go to the Rose Bowl.

Today was a bitter loss because Bret knew how we would respond and called the game accordingly. I am so upset right now because I know that Iowa is the better team....PERIOD....end of discussion.

Congrats WISKY

Latest posts