Iowa vs Gonzaga Dec 19th in Sioux Falls

Dang! Why did they have to schedule this there when there won't be fans (most likely)?

I know, I would love to go and that's actually a slight shorter drive for me. I am just impressed that Iowa went out and scheduled an elite game. They dumped UNI and upgraded last season with Cinci. With ISU, the Gavitt and the ACC/B1G challenge coupled with a 20 game season, I think the whole knock that Fran and Iowa doesn't schedule hard enough games is pretty much in the rear view mirror. They do have games against some bottom feeders but that's not exclusive to Iowa.

I know, I would love to go and that's actually a slight shorter drive for me.
A coworker of mine has a son who's a manager of one of the training programs at the Pentagon, he said (like it's been mentioned) that no one knows if they'll allow fans, but if they do there's a zero percent chance that anyone like you or me would get to go. They only have a 3,250 person capacity, and even if there was no capacity reduction for covid, after Iowa and Gonzaga's ticket allotment for their donors/family, etc. you'd have to be real rich and real connected to Sioux Falls or Sanford to even get in the door.

When my coworker texted him he got an LOL in all caps. He said, Dad, I work in management here and I wouldn't even get a seat. He did also say nothing is confirmed. CBS seems to be reporting that it's a done deal but neither of the teams nor the Pentagon has confirmed anything yet.

Here is Dickie Vitales comments and brief summary of Gonzaga on Espn: (Please note the famed Bald Dome Index, ;-])

I'm going to go out on a limb and give up my preseason top 40. There have been a lot of rosters change across America, and the NBA draft happening much later has affected several teams. Right now, college schedules are absolute chaos. Some schools will have limited nonconference schedules. It is not easy to figure out how this season will go, but I will base this on players returning and players lost, coaching and the VBDI (Vitale Bald Dome Index), which is in overdrive, baby!

Here we go:

i

1. Gonzaga Bulldogs
A team without its former WCC Player of the Year, Filip Petrusev, is my choice for No. 1 in America. Mark Few's squad is loaded, and it helped to have Corey Kispert and Joel Ayayi withdraw from the draft and return to Spokane, Washington. Kispert is the best player in the WCC. One reason for enthusiasm is diaper dandy Jalen Suggs, ranked in the top 10 on the ESPN recruiting list. A super player who also competed in football in high school, Suggs will be one of the premier diaper dandies in America. Up front, Drew Timme has showed signs of potential, and he will be called upon to produce more. He can handle the added responsibility. Forward Anton Watson can be a factor if he stays healthy; injuries have hampered him in the past. This could be the year Few cuts down the nets.

BTW, Dickie V has the Hawks listed 12th in his rankings, behind Wisconsin(5) and Michigan St.(7), but ahead of Illinois(16), Michigan(22), Rutgers(25), Ohio St.(31), Indiana(36), Purdue(39) and UNI(40).

BTW, Dickie V has the Hawks listed 12th in his rankings, behind Wisconsin(5) and Michigan St.(7), but ahead of Illinois(16), Michigan(22), Rutgers(25), Ohio St.(31), Indiana(36), Purdue(39) and UNI(40).
personally - I am ok with that. I mean, I am ok with top 5 too - but let's be real, you start in the top 5 there's a way higher percentage you don't live up to that vs moving up and exceeding expectations.

personally - I am ok with that. I mean, I am ok with top 5 too - but let's be real, you start in the top 5 there's a way higher percentage you don't live up to that vs moving up and exceeding expectations.

Always a chance it works that way, but being that highly ranked after moving making the tourney a few years in a row and having the POY returning has just got to help recruiting in the future. College ball is 75% recruiting IMHO?

Latest posts