Iowa vs Georgia Tech Game Thread

Anyone see that Purdue beat Gonzaga on the road by 18 then turned around and routed Duke at home by 19? Zoomed up 19 spots in the polls. Lurch Edey is having a year.

Evil Bastards
Evil Bastards

Lol,

Thought I would check other ESPN channels and saw they had the Wisconsin game listed for ESPN 2 while also showing in on ESPN. So I click on ESPN 2 and sure enough the Hawks are playing over there. The nice thing about Hulu is often times you can take the game back to the beginning. So I am well behind you guys but I am going to get to watch the whole game.

Just glimpsing at the score and I see how is maintaining its 12 point lead with a few minutes left.

Kris is looking like a man amongst boys in this game. Is he going to end with a 30 and 20 game?

Big game and THEE reason Iowa built / maintained decent lead but he just played 2 minutes of lazy, crap b-ball. Hopefully just tired but u can’t have that lapse in big games.

I am nearing the end of the first half, but I see the final score. Wonder if the early outs in the NCAA tournaments could be curving fan enthusiasm

I am nearing the end of the first half, but I see the final score. Wonder if the early outs in the NCAA tournaments could be curving fan enthusiasm
I think the U of I programs in general are at a cross roads. Football team let fans down again (could have been playing for the Big Ten Title even with the worse offense in modern football...or feels like it), basketball team can't get out of the first weekend in the NCAAs, the Women.....although Bluder does a hell of a job and actually has progressed the program.....even with her best team still can't beat UConn.....was displaced way to early in the NCAA tournament last year.

Wrestling team is a Blue Blood and wrestling royalty....but has been displaced by Penn St as the top dog.........

All the lawsuits and off the field stuff that has happened and under Gary Barta.

Good, but not great.....and there has not been enough great moments to end the seasons of all respective sports.....you get the Groundhog Day effect.

I agree with opinions above that if the team were to beat Duke/Iowa St.....it will peak interest....unless they crater in conference games in stretches (Fran Fade, etc).

Quite Simply

Kirk needs:
A Top Notch OC
A Top Notch QB
Top Notch Receivers
A real offensive line

Fran Needs:
More Size
A True Center
A True Power Forward
Guard play be improving....TBD

Bluder Needs:
More Size and more athleticism to dethrone the UConn's of the world and not get beat by the Helga's like Creighton.

Wrestling:
I don't watch enough of it to give an opinion other than it is still kick ass program and it is likely forever an entrenched blue blood in the sport thanks to Gable, Brands, etc.

Iowa's leadership is old and stale....nearing the end of it's run.....or one would think. The new leadership needs to evolve and progress things or the program is at risk of falling further behind the pack.

Last edited:
Anyone see that Purdue beat Gonzaga on the road by 18 then turned around and routed Duke at home by 19? Zoomed up 19 spots in the polls. Lurch Edey is having a year.

B1G is much better than everyone expected, myself included. It is the second best conference in the country and the gap between them and the Big 12 isn’t much.

They have the nucleus of a good team, but at this point something seems like it’s lacking. Maybe as the guys play together a little more they will start to gel and the team will seem more solid to me. It just seems like something is lacking.

I want to think that they are not strong enough under the boards. That they seem weak is this part of their game. I don’t have great confidence in that aspect of the team. That may be why I mentioned during their first loss that it would be great if Josh O could develop physically and skills wise enough that he could feel that void. He has the size to help out there.

I think the U of I programs in general are at a cross roads. Football team let fans down again (could have been playing for the Big Ten Title even with the worse offense in modern football...or feels like it), basketball team can't get out of the first weekend in the NCAAs, the Women.....although Bluder does a hell of a job and actually has progressed the program.....even with her best team still can't beat UConn.....was displaced way to early in the NCAA tournament last year.

Wrestling team is a Blue Blood and wrestling royalty....but has been displaced by Penn St as the top dog.........

All the lawsuits and off the field stuff that has happened and under Gary Barta.

Good, but not great.....and there has not been enough great moments to end the seasons of all respective sports.....you get the Groundhog Day effect.

I agree with opinions above that if the team were to beat Duke/Iowa St.....it will peak interest....unless they crater in conference games in stretches (Fran Fade, etc).

Quite Simply

Kirk needs:
A Top Notch OC
A Top Notch QB
Top Notch Receivers
A real offensive line

Fran Needs:
More Size
A True Center
A True Power Forward
Guard play be improving....TBD

Bluder Needs:
More Size and more athleticism to dethrone the UConn's of the world and not get beat by the Helga's like Creighton.

Wrestling:
I don't watch enough of it to give an opinion other than it is still kick ass program and it is likely forever an entrenched blue blood in the sport thanks to Gable, Brands, etc.

Iowa's leadership is old and stale....nearing the end of it's run.....or one would think. The new leadership needs to evolve and progress things or the program is at risk of falling further behind the pack.
Wow,
That was a great summation of the status of things and may well describe some of the apathy I sense.

I think that along with the showing against TCU is doing it. Beat Duke and ISU and those worries are gone.
No doubt that would infuse a lot of enthusiasm. The down side is if we lose those two games it will have just the opposite affect.

Duke and Iowa State are damn good basketball teams. HN posters bitch away when we play cupcakes, then complain if we lose to a good power 5 team, like TCU. If we lose to Duke and ISU, it’s over!