Iowa vs Fighting whatever’s/kittens

StanziUSA

like the players I forgot the season isn’t done yet, what do we got for predictions on Iowa’s first BTT game? Does your predictions alter depending on the team they would have to face?

If Iowa wins tomorrow night, what time do the play (roughly) on Friday vs Michigan?
Should start about 30 minutes after Purdue vs Minnesota/penn state which is at 7pm. So we are in for a late night unless the Hawks continue the trend of losing to the bottom of the big ten.

like the players I forgot the season isn’t done yet, what do we got for predictions on Iowa’s first BTT game? Does your predictions alter depending on the team they would have to face?

Iowa will be favored....I can tell you that much.

I'd rather play NW even though they played iowa close last time out. Illinois has lost 5 of their last 6 and iowa crushed them by 24, but they seem more dangerous for whatever reason.

NW has lost 11 of their last 12. Their best wins of the year were home vs Indiana and home vs Ohio State.

Iowa will be favored....I can tell you that much.

I'd rather play NW even though they played iowa close last time out. Illinois has lost 5 of their last 6 and iowa crushed them by 24, but they seem more dangerous for whatever reason.

NW has lost 11 of their last 12. Their best wins of the year were home vs Indiana and home vs Ohio State.
Good take...I would agree, I’d rather play NU right now versus playing IU just because I think Illinois shows some promise and has more talent than NU

Unfortunately, a lot of people would say who cares according these forums. I do not belong to that group. I believe we will win this one and lose to Michigan..

Good take...I would agree, I’d rather play NU right now versus playing IU just because I think Illinois shows some promise and has more talent than NU

Looks like NW/Illinois played each other twice this year...both games were really close and won by the home team. Guess they're about even. NW is led by 3 seniors (Law, Pardon, Taylor). Illinois is led by 2 Freshman and a Sophomore.

The matchup stats are wonky. ESPN BPI says NW has a 58% chance to win, but vegas has Illinois as a 2 point favorite. Not sure I've seen that before. Neutral courts are fun.

Gonna be a tough game either way. I hope the Hawks can at least win the first game to build a little confidence heading into the NCAA.

Gonna be a tough game either way. I hope the Hawks can at least win the first game to build a little confidence heading into the NCAA.

Agree, what coulda been a big win before mojo went south is going to be a close one. But I have to believe we are due for a win............

Vic law is out vs illinois tonight. Makes it much more likely that Iowa plays illinois...but if NW can somehow win and Iowa gets NW without Vic Law? Yes please

Vic law is out vs illinois tonight. Makes it much more likely that Iowa plays illinois...but if NW can somehow win and Iowa gets NW without Vic Law? Yes please
That's going to be an emotional battle for both teams, especially in Chicago.

Almost like Indiana/Purdue or Michigan State/Michigan.

Maybe that could work in our favor. Raw emotion is hard to sustain a second night.

Law must have been ruled out by the team medical staff to not be playing. Senior? Illinois? It it were up to him his leg would have to be amputated to not play

With this Iowa team, sometimes, it's not who we play, but how. We saw a much better effort last gm vs Neb. than the previous 2-3 games. Can Fran get them to continue this, and forget all the negatives of the long season? Can he convince them to put it behind and believe it's a new season now? IF we could play as we did vs Mich. we could conceivably reach the finals and head into the NCAA with good momentum.