Iowa vs Creighton NCAA tournament Game Thread

“Some days they go in, some days they don’t”

New T-shirt for our men‘s & women’s BB team

Can’t say they didn’t get looks at the basket in the last couple minutes. Gotta make ‘em.

Czinano needs to hit those layups. Plain and simple.

Being honest Creighton played well, but the officials did not call fouls when Caitlin was fouled. Jensen played well and the Hawks need work on rebounding. When you short poorly it is easy to lose and that happened to both the Men and the Women!

Being honest Creighton played well, but the officials did not call fouls when Caitlin was fouled. Jensen played well and the Hawks need work on rebounding. When you short poorly it is easy to lose and that happened to both the Men and the Women!
I do agree the officiating was horrifically bad against Iowa, but, like the men, you don't want to put yourself in that position at the end of a game needing a call with biased, blind mice NCAA officials.

This loss is even worse than the men. Iowa women Co-Regular Season Big Ten Champions, Big Ten Tournament Champions, a 2 seed, playing on your own home court, packed freaking house, ABC game......gets you a 2nd round exit. I just don't know what to say anymore. There is a dark cloud that does not go away....for whatever reason.

Credit to Creighton for taking it but Iowa did give them the game. Super bad job not guarding the 3 when everyone knew it was coming. She was wide open. Hit your shots and guard a bit more and you can close it out.

Credit to Creighton for taking it but Iowa did give them the game. Super bad job not guarding the 3 when everyone knew it was coming. She was wide open. Hit your shots and guard a bit more and you can close it out.
Sometimes you are just wrong. Creighton played well, but Iowa held them to 29% from 3. We did not rebound well and shot poorly. Caitlin was bumped and pushed and those are usually called fouls, but not today.

Sometimes you are just wrong. Creighton played well, but Iowa held them to 29% from 3. We did not rebound well and shot poorly. Caitlin was bumped and pushed and those are usually called fouls, but not today.
He’s not wrong, everyone in Carver knew she was going to shoot that 3 and they left her wide open.

The crying over officials is stupid, the officials are bad and they have to play through them. Caitlyn was 4 out of 19, she was missing layups and looked out of sync. Iowa only got called for 10 fouls all game and that includes the 3 at the end of the game where they were trying to foul. Btw, Creighton got called for 12 fouls, the officials were letting them play on both ends.

The officiating did not lose this game for Iowa.

He’s not wrong, everyone in Carver knew she was going to shoot that 3 and they left her wide open.

The crying over officials is stupid, the officials are bad and they have to play through them. Caitlyn was 4 out of 19, she was missing layups and looked out of sync. Iowa only got called for 10 fouls all game and that includes the 3 at the end of the game where they were trying to foul. Btw, Creighton got called for 12 fouls, the officials were letting them play on both ends.

The officiating did not lose this game for Iowa.
...and that lay up a bit before was that other big lapse.

Maybe I should have specified but I did say play the "D" to close it out meaning when it counted to keep the lead they fought to get. Not to imply they didn't play it at all. :)

Go read what Coach Bluder said about the officiating!
Yep, read them. Doesn’t change what I said, they let them play on both sides.

Crying over officiating will not accomplish anything. Let’s pretend for a second that they investigate this game and find out you were right, would it change anything? Would it make you feel better about the loss? The object is to win despite all obstacles, Creighton did and they won the game fair and square.

Stop bitching about the officiating. Womens basketball gets shit officiating because it’s a bottom shelf sport.

In order of skill, refs go…

1) NBA
2) NCAA mens D1-3
3) Mens Indy pro leagues
4) WNBA
5) NAIA mens
6) NCAA womens

and yes, NAIA mens comes first. I’ve umped with several guys who do college basketball as well, and every single one of them has told me any mens leagues get precedence in advancement over womens leagues because the pace is ten times faster and there’s more action to officiate at a higher speed. If you want to do mens NCAA games, you don’t go do womens games for a few years. The best several thousand referees go to other leagues before ncaa womens ball. It is what it is.

But to say that refs are out to get Iowa like @hagarwood and @ClintonIAfan do ad nauseum, is fucking ridiculous and stupid. Just completely brain dead. You don’t want a game to come down to one call? Don’t leave yourself in a position to allow it to happen.

Using officiating as an excuse for losing is a whiny, pissy, 6 year-old girl excuse. It’s fucking pathetic. You guys doing it are chumps.

I would also suggest you read Jay Bilas’s comments as well.
Is Jay Bilas going to get the results of the game changed? If not, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???? Will you feel better if I pencil an asterisks next to Creighton’s name when I write them into the Sweet 16? The game is over, Creighton outplayed Iowa in the conditions they were playing under and won the game.

Latest posts