Iowa vs. Boston College in Pinstripe

Umm, you'd be incredibly excited. You'd be a Cyclone fan going to your first bowl in, like, 45 years.
The clowns at Cyclone Fanatic are pissed about going to Memphis.
Playing Group of 5 team on their home field, not in a warm weather climate.
Plus, their last bowl game was in Memphis.

Outside of Graceland, Memphis is a dump.
It's a city that Tennessee doesn't want, and Arkansas doesn't want to take.

AND they thought they should be going to the CFP.

The only good thing about this bowl is that it darkens the shade upon the lowly team from which Josh Jackson emanates. And by team, I mean the erratic, bi-polar coaching style at his alma mater. Not enough to keep Jackson from moving on, but that he might at least question in what round he would be accepted and the drag on his perceived value. Should he stay, then?

Kirk’s teams are Bowl averse and easily distracted to the extent that no Bowl week festivities can have any Hawkeye participation, lest their minds float away. Similar to how Kirk’s teams too easily believe the hype on Big 10 Network when airtime content is needed in the form of giddiness about the Hawkeyes … whereby the commentators are left apologizing for being so wrong about the team with the sharp uniforms and flashes of brilliance.

Beale Street is fun and the BBQ is awesome. I'd rather be in the LIberty Bowl than the Pinstripe.

If your comparing Memphis to New York City you are truly on crack. Unfortunately Id rather be watching the Yankees and Hamilton then a crappy football game in 35 degree weather.

"This some special wine that I've really been into lately.."

THE KING: "Gerald show him to the pit of misery"

CROWD: "DILLY DILLY!!!!!!!!!!"

why_so_sad__by_pringles32.jpg

The only thing interesting about this matchup is that Jim Ried is the current DC at BC.

Currently a decent hotel is going for around $650 a night. Who outside alumin in New York cares enough to see us dismantled by a low grade team execept NY alums. Heres hoping they all show and support us one way or another.

WHAT!? NoFW! I just put together an Expedia package deal -- O'hare to Laguardia + 2-nights in 4* Midtown Hotel for <$1200 for 2 PEOPLE!

Mediocrity gets you mediocrity.

At least FKF got another year guaranteed and a darn good chance at $500k.

All is good.

Here's the thing. BC has won 4 of its last 5, with wins over Louisville and Florida State, and only a 3 point loss to NC State. This game will be far from easy. Boy, if Iowa loses this one, it will be a long, long, long, long offseason. Did I say, long? No help on the basketball front, either, to tide us over. They need to get past what I suspect is likely a sense of disappointment in going to a bowl where the temp will probably be below 30 degrees at game time and be ready to go, or Iowa's bowl misery will continue. Unlike what Schwartz wrote the other day, they need to win this game, a good showing will not be enough.

Latest posts