++++ Iowa -v- UNI++++ Gamethread

Beat ISU and we could/should finish the non-con season 8-4. That wouldn't be too bad.

I guess nothing is going to satisfy some of you guys unless the Hawks are undefeated and blowing people out by 50 points every game.

Get over it, this is a rebuilding year with a new coach and a new system. A win is a win this year. Heck, they may even get a few surprise wins in the Big Ten. That is what I will look for, the team to compete each game and maybe pull off a win they are not expected to get.

I am not going to kid myself thinking this team is going to make the post season but I believe they will get better as the season goes on.

The only thing right about this is instate rival. Maybe solid win as they won by 12 but don't kid yourself, UNI isn't very good and won't make the sweet 16 this year and probably won't even make the tournament.

Their offense is pretty bad, but in the MVC they shouldn't have any trouble finishing top 3 and have a much greater shot at the tourny then Iowa can say.

It's a good win. Period.

Iowa has a lot to work on but Iowa needs to rack up as many non conference wins as they can so we can have some positives to take away from this season.

At the beginning of the thread, people were saying "pathetic crowd"

Keep in mind, when the broadcast first starts, everything you see was taped 30 minutes ago. There's not many people in the seats with 30 minutes before tipoff.

The crowd tonight was nice. Nearly 11,000 people. The entire sides and corners were full. The seats behind the hoop were bare, which is what you see on TV.

Again, probably one of the biggest crowds the last 2 years (that's not saying much, I know).

At the beginning of the thread, people were saying "pathetic crowd"

Keep in mind, when the broadcast first starts, everything you see was taped 30 minutes ago. There's not many people in the seats with 30 minutes before tipoff.

The crowd tonight was nice. Nearly 11,000 people. The entire sides and corners were full. The seats behind the hoop were bare, which is what you see on TV.

Again, probably one of the biggest crowds the last 2 years (that's not saying much, I know).

I don't get this. When 25-30 percent of the TV shots are showing seats behind the baskets, once the game gets underway why not shuffle some folks from the upper levels down to around the court?