Iowa v OSU Game Ticket Prices

I had terrible luck last year. Couldn't find a single seller for the UNI game other than student tickets after several laps around the stadiumve minutes before kickoff. Had to drive back home to CR and watch on the tube (had great seats at least). Whenever I had an extra ticket back when I had season tickets I would sell the extras for $20. When I'm looking to buy last year I can't find anything.

Oh i guess i didn't go to UNI either, i was out of the country. Thank god i didn't have to watch that game.

i couldnt' watch the game. i was at work and our local cable company lost the feed to the game. needless to say i was ******...but it was entertaining listen to dolph on both the blocks

The best part of season tickets is having a seat to games such as Iowa-OSU 2010.

How would you feel right now if you had sold a pair of tickets to Iowa-UM 1985?

i'd have been 1...so figure 500 bucks in my pocket. i'd say i started my life off pretty well and made a hell of a business deal

like someone stated earlier...someone offers you a grand for your tickets, i absolutely take it. then i buy some from someone else for 500...nice little turn around for me

The only way I would ever sell mine is if their was a death in the family. And it would have to be a very close family member. But if the situation ever did rise I would definitely sell them to a buddy who would really appreciate them for face value. I'll never understand selling your Hawkeye tickets for a MAJOR profit just to put some cash in your pocket. If you can afford them, I'm pretty sure you're not going to go broke. If you buy them and can't afford them you shouldn't be buying them.

I should have added that if someone were to offer me enough money to pay off my student loans I would definitely take it! But I'll get more enjoyment out of going to the game or giving them to a buddy than I would using the money I could make to pay bills I can already afford.

Put me in the camp where if I am going to make $50 or $100 on my ticket the experience far exceeds the money I make. Even up to $500 I probably say no. After that I would have to think about it. I think $1000 for one ticket would be my breaking point on declining the cash.

It seems like there are two groups here...people who have season tickets and have a choice to make about if they want to make some easy money. And people who don't have season tix and are complaining that hawks fans are simply enjoying the benefits of supply and demand. I have a pair of season tix, if the price is right, I'd easily consider selling some.

All I'm saying is if the Hawks and Buckeyes both come into the game undefeated there is very little that would make me sell them. 1000 bucks a pop wouldn't do it.

All I'm saying is if the Hawks and Buckeyes both come into the game undefeated there is very little that would make me sell them. 1000 bucks a pop wouldn't do it.

One of 3 scenerios here: 1. You are wealthy 2. You have an unhealthly obsession with Iowa football 3. You are foolhardy.

Please be 1.

One of 3 scenerios here: 1. You are wealthy 2. You have an unhealthly obsession with Iowa football 3. You are foolhardy.

Please be 1.

I would personally be #2. I would want to be able to be there for that game. My dad was at the '85 Michigan game, and I would love to be able to say I was at this one. Plus, my tickets are less than half price as it is (I'm a student at the UI).

The thing is, hoffman, someone from out of the area that has some money and isn't ticket savvy will probably pull the trigger on that early. I had a buddy that got $250 a pop for one Wisconsin game a while back (I think it was UW) for two tix. But you could have gotten tickets on gameday for $75 a pieice.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone pays that. I am pretty sure someone WILL pay that for that game for better seats than those.

Last edited:
tm3308, I was at that Michigan game. I was a junior at Iowa that year. I would say the OSU game last year would have been bigger if we had beaten NW. Since we didn't, it wasn't. The 1986 Rose Bowl was close, as the national championship was still potentially on the line, by a thread.

Since we rarely go that deep in the season without a loss, you may in fact be correct. But it seems like there would have been a game that was as big, but I can't put my finger on it for the life of me. And I am not going to research it while on my third beer on Friday night in the summer while vacationing at a friend's home in Omaha.

Yo, whammer.

If you were assuming you get $500 for two Michigan - Iowa tix in 1986, they were going for $50 for student tix that year. I had a friend in the band, and he gave them to his doctor cousin for every game before that one and sold his for $50 for that game. And he didn't really need the money. So that was a pricey ticket back then. I think the student tix went for $20 that year.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Latest posts