Iowa To Run The Table For "Hawkeye" & His Master!

It would be a great gesture to make that dog an honorary captain and have him standing on the 50 yard line during the national anthem for a game this fall.

Amazing story!

curious if he was even an Iowa fan, as some pictures that have been shown on the news of him show him wearing a Texas Tshirt(whose to say he named his dog Hawkeye because he's an Iowa Fan?) IF he was an Iowa fan, that would be awesome to have the Dog at a game as a honorary captain.

I've owned other schools' shirts before...and I actually don't care if he was an Iowa fan or not, he was and is an Iowan.

Where do we nominate people for the Heroes Game? I thought I read we nominate people from the states of Nebraska and Iowa to represent the two states. It would be nice to see the family and dog with a little story about it for the Heroes Game. It seems like it is a fitting hero for the state of Iowa and the USA.

I tweeted Jon Miller yesterday the same idea, I specifically think the Hero's game should be begging to get this dog. and if I were Kirk, I would be certain if not for the Nebraska game, this dog would be leading the hawks out of the tunnel for at least a home game... And I think that would be even cooler, if this dog was either in front of, or running out behind the hawks, as part of the hawkeye fam.

Latest posts