Iowa to play in CBI Tournament??

I would love this! Give us more experience and I feel like we're really close to being successful. Maybe we can turn it on and do well in a smaller tournament.

It would be nice to give Jarryd Cole some sort of postseason play as well

It would be nice to give Jarryd Cole some sort of postseason play as well

Great point. I hadn't thought of that. It would be cool to see Cole get a chance to play in a postseason tournament. He definitely deserves it after everything he's been through.

More games for fans, more experience for the younger players, and Cole gets to dawn the hawkeye colors once again. Lets do it. I would only request we say Doug Thomas is Devon archie.

More experience... I'm all for it and I get to watch more Hawkeye basketball.

I call that a win/win.

I think with this team you take any tourney you can get. They've been so close in so many games. I'd love to see them end with a run.

For those of you wondering "are these games even on tv, where can I find them?" the answer is HDNet, which is channel 306 on Directv.

I have no idea. I do know that Drake was in this tournament 2 or 3 years ago and ended up playing out in Idaho.

Drake wasn't in this tournament. It is right in the article:

Iowa also could be eligible for the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament. None of the teams in the tournament’s two years were from power conferences. Regional teams that have competed in it include Drake, Creighton and Missouri State.

Iowa got an inquiry from the College Basketball Invitational, Drake as it states above played in the CollegeInsider.com tournament and these are two different tournaments.

Drake wasn't in this tournament. It is right in the article:

Iowa also could be eligible for the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament. None of the teams in the tournament’s two years were from power conferences. Regional teams that have competed in it include Drake, Creighton and Missouri State.

Iowa got an inquiry from the College Basketball Invitational, Drake as it states above played in the CollegeInsider.com tournament and these are two different tournaments.

So there are four post-season tournaments?

Latest posts