Iowa team physician out of town during Rhabdo

Does anyone know where Iowa's "Team Saint Bernard" was at the time of the Rhabdo crisis? Seems he should have been there to drag the 13 players to safety...and to hit them up with some liquor from a little barrel on his collar...

I, for one, would like to know where Herky was during this whole ordeal...

Give me a break. Also, I'd love an explanation on how the following paragraph relates, in any way, to the Iowa players’ illnesses.

“The golf course has been ranked among the “Best 100 Courses Outside the United Statesâ€￾ by Golf Digest and gives players a chance to see exotic plants, trees, birds and animals, including monkeys.â€￾

Clearly the better the golf course at the luxury resort is the more outrageous it is that the team doctor was there, looking at exotic plants rather than attending to student athletes in need. What makes this behavior all the more egregious is the fact that the "good" doctor was still on salary at the time the convention took place.

Normally this story would be a clear winner for the Pulitzer in the category of investigative journalism unfortunately it has been allegedly reported that Dennis Dudd is the runaway favorite for the prize this year.

If the AP wants to do a hart hitting, investigative piece, why in THE holy hell, don't they put an end to the madness and blow the lid off of why there's no Tigerhawk logo on the *** damned water tower!?!?:mad:

If the AP wants to do a hart hitting, investigative piece, why in THE holy hell, don't they put an end to the madness and blow the lid off of why there's no Tigerhawk logo on the *** damned water tower!?!?:mad:

Damnstraight, AP. While you're at it, look into why the logo is in the end zone and not in the middle of the field where logic says it should be.

Clearly the better the golf course at the luxury resort is the more outrageous it is that the team doctor was there, looking at exotic plants rather than attending to student athletes in need. What makes this behavior all the more egregious is the fact that the "good" doctor was still on salary at the time the convention took place.

Normally this story would be a clear winner for the Pulitzer in the category of investigative journalism unfortunately it has been allegedly reported that Dennis Dudd is the runaway favorite for the prize this year.

Hahaha. Nice.

The more important question is where was the water boy during rhabdo. Heard he was attending a training session at the Motel 6 in Coralville.

He's an orthopedist, for cripes sake, what could he have possibly contributed to their care?:confused:

Yup....mirrors my previous post perfectly.

Rhabdo's been recognized for decades. UIHC has a entire renal team who see/diagnose/treat this daily.

The ortho team physician probably couldn't have diagnosed it anyway.

Congratulations to the A.P. They've just created the biggest non-story to come out so far. Doctors go to conferences all the time...it's not even remotely close to being relevant. The fact that he's team physician doesn't mean that he will never leave town for anything.

We have no shortage of able-bodied physicians at UIHC to treat this kind of condition. I'm sure all the players were well cared for.

I love how they pick and choose the information from the media guide as well. Her is another excerpt:

A long-time partnership between UI Sports Medicine and the UI Department of Athletics supports his efforts. This includes collaboration with athletic trainers Russ Haynes, Tad Leusch, Abby Wieck and John Streif. In addition, Brian Wolf MD collaborates with Dr Amendola in providing orthopedic coverage and consultation. General medical issues are addressed by Kyle Smoot, MD, and Paul Baumert, M.D., physicians from the UI Sports Medicine Center. Mike Shaffer, UI Sports Medicine physical therapist and certified athletic trainer, provides extended rehabilitation oversight.

Had Ned been in town when this was happening, he wouldn't even have been consulted in an official capacity. This is not even an orthopedic issue, as has been noted previously. Smoot and Baumert were both around to assist, but it was still handled primarily by the internal medicine department. What a joke this is and continues to be.

Latest posts