Iowa Switching Preseason Tournaments Next Year

I know back in the day the Great Alaskan Shootout was a big deal and brought some big teams in but it's not what it was 15-20 years ago and your right CAAR. It's easier to sell recruits the notion that you're going to the Caribbean instead of Alaska.

OK, all you chumps saying Fran screwed the team with last OOC schedule. How ya like FM now?!

For those wondering, this tournament starts on Thanksgiving Day and is a 3 day tournament. UNI played in it this past year. Games are televised by AXS TV (formerly known as HD NET, Mark Cuban's channel) and NBC Sports Network.

OK, all you chumps saying Fran screwed the team with last OOC schedule. How ya like FM now?!

That doesn't really make sense.

I defended the Alaskan tournament and thought it was a step in the right direction, but the Atlantis tournament is about three gigantic strides in the right direction.

The GAS looked much better to the RPI than it did to the fan, while the Atlantis tournament look great to both.

It's a recruiting class move as well. Come to Iowa a play in the Bahamas! Come to Iowa and play in Alaska!

How is this a recruiting move? It is for next year and there is no guarantee Iowa won't be in Alaska instead of the Bahamas in future years.

How is this a recruiting move? It is for next year and there is no guarantee Iowa won't be in Alaska instead of the Bahamas in future years.
Im pretty sure we are in NYC in 2014 or 2015. There are few different ones in NYC, but i believe all are good.

It is a good RPI move as long as Iowa wins at least 2 games. Iowa should have been able to win the GAS and get 3 wins on a neutral court. Obviously this tournament will be much more competitive. As a fan I like it, take down Kansas!

Im pretty sure we are in NYC in 2014 or 2015. There are few different ones in NYC, but i believe all are good.

It is 2014 but that has nothing to do with this coming year and switching tournaments and it being a "recruiting move" by going to the Bahamas tournament instead of Alaska.

Is it a recruiting move by telling future recruits Iowa played in the Bahamas instead of Alaska? Who cares where they played in the past, they played in the Maui Invitational a few times as well but I don't think Fran is using that as a recruiting tool.

Sorry .. .. I missed it .. .. what tournament are we playing in when we go to NYC in 2014?

GO HAWKS!!!

I think we are in a small four team "tournament" with Cal, Texas, and Syracuse. I could be way off base but for some reason that sounds right to me.

Definitely excited about the switch in tournaments. It would be pretty cool to get a shot at playing a team like Kansas even if we lose. It's better than playing a team like Pepperdine or TCU in my opinion.

Latest posts