Iowa still unranked

Just like the rose bowl against Stanford a few years back, the soft schedule goes away that day and you find out what you really are. That year? A fraud. Same goes for our last trip to indy. If i were a guessing man, I’d say something similar is in store this season. I’ve said it over and over. Your record doesn’t tell you how good you are. When you play a top 10 team, that tells you how good you are and under Ferentz, that’s never until the last game of the year

Just TODAY
Sagarin ranks Iowa's schedule at #29
Massey ranks Iowa's schedule at #20

this notion that Iowa's schedule has been soft makes me laugh.... it may be soft to us, but like stacked up against their peers? not so much.... ya gotta remember, it's not just Iowa playing easy teams....everyone gets a heavy dose of playing teams that aren't worth a shit and many haven't played any the caliber of PSU

Iowa should be 8-1 after Coop took that punt back to the house - so IMO, there aren't 25 teams better than Iowa playing and that will likely bare out as the season wears on.

Last edited:
Just like the rose bowl against Stanford a few years back, the soft schedule goes away that day and you find out what you really are. That year? A fraud. Same goes for our last trip to indy. If i were a guessing man, I’d say something similar is in store this season. I’ve said it over and over. Your record doesn’t tell you how good you are. When you play a top 10 team, that tells you how good you are and under Ferentz, that’s never until the last game of the year
Iowa routinely plays top 10 teams every year, typically early too (they have already played one this season). They play in this conference called the B1G that has some pretty good teams in it. In fact, it likely puts them in the realm of always playing a top 25 or so schedule.

Kirk is 12-19 against top 10 opponents FWIW
and 5-9 against the top 5.

At least know what you're talking about, all I ask on here and you'll never hear from me, make shit up and I will be around shortly

We have played one top 25 team. Lost 31-0.
Fortunately, we have not played another ranked team thus far. Even if we win out, we likely will end the regular season without defeating a final Top 25 team.
For the third season in a row.

Last edited:
I've never understood why Iowa fans are harder on their team then anyone else? Like what makes that a thing? Iowa's offense sucks. We get it. They fired their OC. Have you not gotten your pound of flesh yet? There are statistics out there that track things like SOS. You can go look them up. Data is out there. There are things out there that track just about everything. We care about how the offense tracks and stacks up and we like to discuss the offense to the point it gets ridiculous. I don't hear us talking about D rankings very often at all? Like, is that not a source of pride that you might be able to hang your hat on if you're a Hawk fan? Defense does in fact matter when we're talking about football teams

I would guess that Iowa is in the CFB playoff rankings tomorrow night. People outside of Iowa can objectively look at our program and I appreciate that.

Not that it will matter to anyone in this sesspool but I'll keep fighting the good fight.

Iowa fans are hard on the Hawkeyes. They are winning games (should be 8-1). It's weird. If they win ugly, so be it. I'd also prefer a competent offense, but it shouldn't take away from the rest of the team doing whatever they can do to win a game...geesh...

I've never understood why Iowa fans are harder on their team then anyone else?

I live 35 minutes down the road from Clemson and inside of 100 miles from Athens and Columbia. If you think Iowa fans are hard on their team you really need to get out more. Ferentz's ass would have been kicked to curb in 2007 in any one of those cities.

I live 35 minutes down the road from Clemson and inside of 100 miles from Athens and Columbia. If you think Iowa fans are hard on their team you really need to get out more. Ferentz's ass would have been kicked to curb in 2007 in any one of those cities.
Thats true, it’s every fan base really. I try and save my anger at Iowa teams when they lose. If they figure out how to get the bottom line, that makes me happy for whatever small time that is. I’ll take 10-7 this week too. This group is ruthless lol.

Thats true, it’s every fan base really. I try and save my anger at Iowa teams when they lose. If they figure out how to get the bottom line, that makes me happy for whatever small time that is. I’ll take 10-7 this week too. This group is ruthless lol.

Yeah, this group is on pins and needles because we could easily lose the next three games 7-3 because the offense is historically bad. Or we could win them all 9-7. And then lose 69-0 in the title game. And wind up in a bowl against some pissed off team that smokes us 69-3. Of course if we lose out we could easily lose the Detroit bowl game to a MAC team. The offense is that bad. I probably have the lowest bar on here for what I consider a competent offense and I get so pissed off watching this offense that I refused to pay $7 to watch the game this past weekend.

Latest posts