Iowa State owns Iowa.

ISU clearly has the better basketball team but I can take a little a little bit of comfort knowing the Hawkeye Nation fan base is so much classier than the losers at cyfan. 3 days after a blow out win over the Hawks they're still complaining about the refs and how much they would have won by if Jones and McKay would have played. Perfect example of little brother being little brother. Now they're talking about Wichita State not being good. They want everyone to tell them how good ISU is but won't give credit to anybody else. It's by far the most insecure fan base in college history.

I wish I could tell you to just let the butthurt flow and it will all be better soon, but you have proven to have an endless supply of mega-ultra ISU butthurt that can never be gotten rid of. It's kind of like an STD so a lot Hawkeyes can relate to you. You're not alone brother.

Iowa is clearly the Hawkeye state. ISU may currently be better than Iowa at basketball but that is about as far as it goes.

Iowa owns the Clones in...

Fan support: I am guessing for every 20 Hawkeye fans there is 1 lone clone asking what about us?

Local and National media coverage: ISwho?

Historical records and awards in all major sports is lopsided...towards the Hawks

Revenue generated from sports: Hawks

Whenever I am vacationing, no matter from DC to Hawaii. Know what I always see? At least one person wearing the good ole Black n Gold with a Tiger Hawk. If I have ever seen anyone wearing ISU apparel outside the state it is rare to maybe never...

ISU may have won Friday but the sun came up on the Hawkeye state Saturday.

Iowa is clearly the Hawkeye state. ISU may currently be better than Iowa at basketball but that is about as far as it goes.

Iowa owns the Clones in...

Fan support: I am guessing for every 20 Hawkeye fans there is 1 lone clone asking what about us?

Local and National media coverage: ISwho?

Historical records and awards in all major sports is lopsided...towards the Hawks

Revenue generated from sports: Hawks

Whenever I am vacationing, no matter from DC to Hawaii. Know what I always see? At least one person wearing the good ole Black n Gold with a Tiger Hawk. If I have ever seen anyone wearing ISU apparel outside the state it is rare to maybe never...

ISU may have won Friday but the sun came up on the Hawkeye state Saturday.

I can attest to this. I've seen Hawkeye t-shirts lining the ceiling at Coconuts, a bar and grill, when on vacation in Cozumel. I've seen people wearing Hawkeye gear when on vacation in Huatulco. I've seen people wearing Hawkeye gear while on vacation at Playa Del Carmen. In none of these places did I see any ISU gear.

The most intriguing was when I was visiting my brother who lives just outside Boulder, CO. If you don't know, CU is in Boulder and their colors are black and gold as well. However, I had people honk and yell "Go Hawks!" when they saw my Hawkeye hat while filling my car with gas.

I can attest to this. I've seen Hawkeye t-shirts lining the ceiling at Coconuts, a bar and grill, when on vacation in Cozumel. I've seen people wearing Hawkeye gear when on vacation in Huatulco. I've seen people wearing Hawkeye gear while on vacation at Playa Del Carmen. In none of these places did I see any ISU gear.

The most intriguing was when I was visiting my brother who lives just outside Boulder, CO. If you don't know, CU is in Boulder and their colors are black and gold as well. However, I had people honk and yell "Go Hawks!" when they saw my Hawkeye hat while filling my car with gas.

Coconuts? LOL, of course there will be Hawks at an all-inclusive resort because that means unlimited alcohol. Any University will have graduates all over the place. You are so butthurt now that you have to talk about the number of fans in other places? I met several Cyclone fans at the Grand Wailea in Maui and did not see any Hawkeye gear or fans, but that doesn't mean jack.

I saw a homeless guy in Tampa wearing a black and gold tigerhawk sweatshirt once. Other than that I mostly think I see hawk gear but it always ends up being Steelers.

Coconuts? LOL, of course there will be Hawks at an all-inclusive resort because that means unlimited alcohol. Any University will have graduates all over the place. You are so butthurt now that you have to talk about the number of fans in other places? I met several Cyclone fans at the Grand Wailea in Maui and did not see any Hawkeye gear or fans, but that doesn't mean jack.

It's a Hawkeye state. Always has been, always will be...

The sooner you can come to terms with it, the faster it will ease your pain of being second, well third... I think there are more UNI fans than ISU in the state as well.

Coconuts is NOT an all-inclusive resort. Yes, there are all-inclusive resorts on Cozumel. Coconuts is a bar and grill on the east side of Cozumel (which for your information does not have any electrical power except for diesel generators). And yeah, I order beer when traveling in Mexico - it's safer than the water.

This cuts both ways. When I flew to Jamaica, there were 20 Hawk fans on my flight. They were loud, drunk and obnoxious for a good portion of the trip. I made my wife leave her long sleeved shirt on because she was wearing an Iowa t-shirt under it and I didn't want those troglodytes seeing it and taking it as an invitation to talk to us.

I saw an Iowa State sweatshirt once in Funabashi, Japan (worn by a Japanese dude). I stopped the dude to ask him if he went to Iowa State, but he said that he got it at a second hand store for about $4. He didn't even know what it meant, but wanted a shirt that had English writing on it and thought it looked cool. Think about that the next time you wear a shirt with Japanese characters or decide to get your arm inked up with them. There's a 99.9% chance you will look like an idiot.

Coconuts is NOT an all-inclusive resort. Yes, there are all-inclusive resorts on Cozumel. Coconuts is a bar and grill on the east side of Cozumel (which for your information does not have any electrical power except for diesel generators). And yeah, I order beer when traveling in Mexico - it's safer than the water.

Thanks for the heads up, thought it was from friends who went there, but they probably just left their resort.

I saw a homeless guy in Tampa wearing a black and gold tigerhawk sweatshirt once. Other than that I mostly think I see hawk gear but it always ends up being Steelers.

When I went to the NASCAR race in Joliet on the day of the Iowa-ISU football game, the most popular apparel was Iowa gear. More of that than Junior or Senior gear, even.

Beware, lots of Cyclone trolls on this thread.

Here is the bottom line: Iowa State is HORRIBLE in football and their coach will get fired after next season. And then they start over again.

Iowa's seasons are defined by how we do in our conference and in bowl games, not how we do against Iowa State. The Iowa players know that.

This year we finished 4-4 in the Big Ten; not great but not bad. We made a good bowl game.

Basketball? OK, be honest.....does anyone.....anyone.....really care that much? It is a diversion between football seasons.

Football pays the bills. In football, Iowa State is light years behind Iowa. It's just a fact. You can't hide 2-10.

In Jamaica right now, already about 4 "go hawks", 2 days in. One of the managers even said they see a lot of Iowa fans.

When I went to the NASCAR race in Joliet on the day of the Iowa-ISU football game, the most popular apparel was Iowa gear. More of that than Junior or Senior gear, even.

I feel like that could be kind of dangerous at a NAZCAR event because all of the lady mud channelers from the Quad Cities like those really sparkly Hawk shirts to go with their bedazzled plus size Miss Me jeans that they bought on the Rock Island sale website.

o7299u.jpg

Latest posts