Iowa State Over/Under

MelroseHawkins

Is this the year!? Is this the year they finally play a game after Dec. 31? I don't think they ever have.

Over or under. This season, Iowa State will play a game Jan. 1, 2019 or later. Or yes or no to simplify.

They had a lot of breaks go their way last season. No fumbles for the whole season isn’t going to happen again. It’s also unlikely Kempt plays that well again. They won most of their close games as well. I think if things even out they go 6-6.

Is this the year!? Is this the year they finally play a game after Dec. 31? I don't think they ever have.

Over or under. This season, Iowa State will play a game Jan. 1, 2019 or later. Or yes or no to simplify.
Unless they make the CFP it’s literally impossible if you look at the contract bowls. There’s nothing Big 12 after the first of the year.

No. I'm not even convinced they are bowl eligible, depending upon whether there are 5-7 teams accepted this year. I'd say they're likely a 5-6 win team, best cases scenario is 7 but without the upsets they had last year. That team is not "special." They lost their one decent player, and he didn't even get drafted.

Unless they make the CFP it’s literally impossible if you look at the contract bowls. There’s nothing Big 12 after the first of the year.
The playoffs are played the 29th this year. Other than the NC (That's a no for the clowns) the only games played in 2019 are the following:

Outback Bowl
Big Ten and SEC

Citrus Bowl
Big Ten and SEC

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl
At-Large and Group of Five

Rose Bowl
Big Ten and Pac-12

Allstate Sugar Bowl
SEC and Big 12

So their only options are the Sugar Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. The only reasonable path I see is if they are second in the Big 12 if Oklahoma is playing in a playoff they will get the Sugar Bowl bid, and that's not happening.

On the upside though if Iowa manages to knockoff Wisky and win the West we are definitely in a New Years Bowl at the absolute worst because of how the rotation falls this year. Three New Years bowls with a Big Ten Tie in. Hell, If a Big Ten team makes the playoff we could get in as West runner-up if we're still a nine or ten win team.

Last edited:
Not even seeing a bowl in Clowns' future. Should lightning strike and they get invited, it will be one of the very first on the schedule. Your TV will need rabbit ears to get it.

giphy.gif

It is entertaining this cycle of Iowa St is finally a decent program, coach walks on water....oh wait they suck again. It's been going on for 50 years. If Soupy really is a decent coach, he is gone first good job that opens up. I enjoy seeing clown fans get crushed....just when they think they are relevant reality strikes.

way under
I'd bet the under on 6 regular season wins, but just barely.

Iowa State's best win streak ever was 8 wins in each of 76, 77, 78.

Since then (39 seasons):
One 9 win season in 2000
One 8 win season in 2017
Five 7 win seasons in 01, 02, 04, 05, 09
Five 6 win seasons in 80, 86, 89, 11, 12
Four 5 win season in 81, 85, 88, 10
Six 4 win seasons in 82, 83, 90, 92, 99, 06
Ten 3 win seasons in 79, 87, 91, 93, 95, 98, 07, 13, 15, 16
Five 2 win seasons in 84, 96, 03, 08, 14
One 1 win season in 97
One 0 win season in 94

I will set the over/under for number of games they play after Dec 31 at 1.5. I'm going to say under. Refs will screw them and they'll dominate, but lose a close game in the nat'l semis.

Latest posts