Iowa State Joining the Big Ten

I don't think you could say it never would happen, but based on the direction of college athletics unlikely. It was considered once before, after the U of Chicago dropped athletics, Michigan State took that spot. If the conference size is limited to 16 members then that really indicates no. If conference size grows to 20 then that is a different scenario, two divisions of 10 teams. Under that premise I think you could visualize Kansas and Iowa State as members along with four more current ACC members.

Since there are no written rules on sizes of conferences and qualification for membership it is anybody's guess where this is headed.

I don't think you could say it never would happen, but based on the direction of college athletics unlikely. It was considered once before, after the U of Chicago dropped athletics, Michigan State took that spot. If the conference size is limited to 16 members then that really indicates no. If conference size grows to 20 then that is a different scenario, two divisions of 10 teams. Under that premise I think you could visualize Kansas and Iowa State as members along with four more current ACC members.

Since there are no written rules on sizes of conferences and qualification for membership it is anybodies guess where this is headed.

I can equally visualize monkeys flying out of my butt.

ISU doesn't bring any television sets to the table. No money. Hell, they all watch Iowa games as it is.

False. My brother lives in NYC and he once watched a Clowns game on TV. He also went to the bowl game at Yankee Stadium last year. There are probably at least a half a dozen people similar to him in NYC and three dozen along the East Coast.

False. My brother lives in NYC and he once watched a Clowns game on TV. He also went to the bowl game at Yankee Stadium last year. There are probably at least a half a dozen people similar to him in NYC and three dozen along the East Coast.

Yeah, but does he watch Iowa play? Cuz you know he does.

Iowa State would refuse to join the Big 10. It would eliminate their "we are good because of our sos" rant.

Iowa State would refuse to join the Big 10. It would eliminate their "we are good because of our sos" rant.

Plus they run the chance of being in the same division as Rutgers which would ensure iSu never being able to win their division.

I have heard it is a done deal, they are just negotiating to be able to keep their Cyclone Internet TV Network the way it is.

I have heard it is a done deal, they are just negotiating to be able to keep their Cyclone Internet TV Network the way it is.

That will be the deal breaker. Pollard will never give up the highly lucrative Cyclone TV Network.

I heard that in a sad turn of events the Clones are now going to be passed up to allow Simpson College to become a B10 member. That Indianola TV market must have done it.

The Big 10 is adding Rutgers and Maryland for pure money reasons. No way they add a team with absolutely no financial payoff.

Fine by me. Granted they are one if the worst programs in the country historically, but even when they would beat us we would still likely finish higher in the conference so we win either way.

IOWA STATE TO JOIN BIG TEN]

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of nuclear weapons at Hegameyer Air Force Base.

Latest posts