Iowa State favored by 9.5

Wow, thought this would be more around 15 points at the least. If ISU doesn't beat the spread, a lot of heads will roll in Ames. A loss to Iowa will probably bring out the pitch forks and a fireable offense for Hoiberg.

Wow, thought this would be more around 15 points at the least. If ISU doesn't beat the spread, a lot of heads will roll in Ames. A loss to Iowa will probably bring out the pitch forks and a fireable offense for Hoiberg.

Agreed. I think if Iowa State only wins by 8 or less than TJ Otz will be fired on the spot and Pollard will have to have a sit down with Hoiberg. You just can't get away with beating lowly Iowa by only 8 points in Hilton and keep your job

Iowa will cover. 10 Pts is quite a bit a few points to cover and ISU isn't that good either. Yes its at Hilton but both teams will be up for playing the game.

I predict a fairly high scoring game probably 78 to 73 in favor of ISU.

With the coaching decisions or lack thereof by Freddy and co., I'm not sure this game couldn't be close.

Plus it's Iowa's Super Bowl. Look at all the Iowa boys on the team. Gatens, May, McCabe, Ogelsby. Those guys are going to play like they want to hear "One Shining Moment" after the game.

Iowa State doesn't have one from Iowa unless you count Bubu Palo.

Iowa State isnt that good. Iowa isnt that good. Game is in Hilton. We have more Iowa boys that know about the rivalry. Hoiberg cant coach. Fran cant keep his cool.

Iowa- 78

ISU- 73

Josh O. hits five 3's and scores 19 points.

Iowa State isnt that good. Iowa isnt that good. Game is in Hilton. We have more Iowa boys that know about the rivalry. Hoiberg cant coach. Fran cant keep his cool.

Iowa- 78

ISU- 73

Josh O. hits five 3's and scores 19 points.

I see something similiar too. It's obvious that Fran is the better coach than Fred. Only reason that ISU beat Iowa last year is b/c Fred walked into a great situation where he returned loads of talent and even he couldn't mess that up. And Fran is obviously a better in game coach and showed that last year when he had a 9 point lead at halftime at home.

Clones17, Is everyone still real happy with the Cyclone BB staff. There is no coaching experience on that entire staff, other than the director of Ops. and he's not supposed to coach. TJ is one of the better recruiters in the country and I think Fred is a great face for the program. However, the last two coaches he hired, particularly the guy he brought in from the T-Wolves were poor choices. I don't think you will have any trouble with Iowa, but I think your lack of a floor leader along with coaching experience will limit your success this season.

Clones17, Is everyone still real happy with the Cyclone BB staff. There is no coaching experience on that entire staff, other than the director of Ops. and he's not supposed to coach. TJ is one of the better recruiters in the country and I think Fred is a great face for the program. However, the last two coaches he hired, particularly the guy he brought in from the T-Wolves were poor choices. I don't think you will have any trouble with Iowa, but I think your lack of a floor leader along with coaching experience will limit your success this season.

Your always going to have a couple fans who aren't happy especially when your losing a couple games where they are clearly outcoached. For the most part I think people like the staff and the direction of the program. Fred has turned it around pretty good in a year in a half if you think about how bad it was when he got here. Now that doesn't mean the wins are there yet, b/c they are not. The direction seems positive though.

My one complaint with Fred so far was when he promoted Abdulmasseh. He doesn't have much experience and wasn't ready for it. Fred needed to go get an X's and O's guy and didn't. Other than that Fred has made all the right moves IMO. Now he has the pressure on him and needs to perform. He needs to have this team gel and get some nice conference wins.

Plus it's Iowa's Super Bowl. Look at all the Iowa boys on the team. Gatens, May, McCabe, Ogelsby. Those guys are going to play like they want to hear "One Shining Moment" after the game.

Iowa State doesn't have one from Iowa unless you count Bubu Palo.

Why wouldn't you count Bubu?

The fact that ISU has already lost 3 games is a failure on Hoiberg. This collection of future NBA all stars should NOT be beat. A perfect season was expected by CyFans and they failed to deliver.

The fact that ISU has already lost 3 games is a failure on Hoiberg. This collection of future NBA all stars should NOT be beat. A perfect season was expected by CyFans and they failed to deliver.

Agreed. I'm willing to give him 1 maybe 2 more losses this year. But if we lose 5 games Pollard HAS to fire him.

Floyd and LE were some of the best Xs and Os guys in the country and I know they ran practices like boot camp. The success ISU had under Eustachy(particularly that 2 year span) will be difficult to achieve. It will be interesting to see how Fred does. It appears with his coaching hires, that recruiting is his primary focus. He better hope he gets a great leader on the floor, and it doesn't appear the PG he brought in is the guy. I'd be surprised if he's with ISU next season.

Floyd and LE were some of the best Xs and Os guys in the country and I know they ran practices like boot camp. The success ISU had under Eustachy(particularly that 2 year span) will be difficult to achieve. It will be interesting to see how Fred does. It appears with his coaching hires, that recruiting is his primary focus. He better hope he gets a great leader on the floor, and it doesn't appear the PG he brought in is the guy. I'd be surprised if he's with ISU next season.

Sledge appears to be a miss by the staff. The kid is the best athlete on the team but not the best bball player and his handle isn't great for a PG. Can fly though. Lucious is the best PG on the team and we could really use him next year. If everyone comes back I love the look of our team next year.

Latest posts