Iowa State 2011 = Iowa 2009

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
They are winning ugly and getting all the breaks. Winning in the clutch. Paul Rhoads is a HECK of a coach.

Last edited:
2009 iowa was a lot more talented team. but there are a lot of similarities, namely pulling wins out of their behind.

ISU now has a bye week to prepare for texas. the game is in ames. 4-0?

I wouldn't call 3 ints(one on a tipped ball) and about a hundred penalty yards getting the breaks. This team has overcome the bad breaks.

I wouldn't call 3 ints(one on a tipped ball) and about a hundred penalty yards getting the breaks. This team has overcome the bad breaks.

The one was tipped (good play by the linebacker) and one was partly the receiver's fault for not coming back to the ball.

The penalty yards are an issue in all of our games so far.... but, I usually don't complain about refs -> these refs were HORRIBLE -> uconn had ONE (yes ONE) penalty for 5 yards and I'm confident the only reason they had that one is the defensive guys was so far past the line they HAD to call it

2009 iowa was a lot more talented team. but there are a lot of similarities, namely pulling wins out of their behind.

ISU now has a bye week to prepare for texas. the game is in ames. 4-0?

Texas is not good this year. They have a mess at QB. ISU gets 2 weeks off, gets healthy, in Ames and ISU is playing good enough (only will get better). I think they actually kill Texas. Honestly, I think they will have a special season a la Iowa in 2009. Wouldn't be surprised to see them end up better than Iowa. Don't think they beat Oklahoma or OK State but nobody in the Big 12 outside them has a defense that can stop Jantz and Co. Iowa is in a totally different boat this year. Iowa's defense is what Iowa State's was the last 2 years and the offense isn't allowed to to make up for it. Going to really hurt them.

Really Ryno?

I wouldnt expect anything less from you. I will bet you a million dollars Iowa State2011 is not equal to Iowa 2009

Why is it you only post if ISU is involved? Your obsession is weird

Really Ryno?

I wouldnt expect anything less from you. I will bet you a million dollars Iowa State2011 is not equal to Iowa 2009

I would like to get in on this as well. Come on Ryno how much do you want to bet that ISU isn't 10-2 when the regular season ends. Put your money where your mouth is if you think this, if you don't then stop posting stupid things like this as it gets really old.

Really Ryno?

It's sarcasm a lot of times because they gloat and can't back it up but recently they have been able to back it up.

I just respect what they are doing. They beat us, are better than us and have more to be excited about. It sucks but I respect those who deserve it.

It's sarcasm a lot of times because they gloat and can't back it up but recently they have been able to back it up.

I just respect what they are doing. They beat us, are better than us and have more to be excited about. It sucks but I respect those who deserve it.

Thats fine but dont compare them to an 11 win Orange Bowl Champion Iowa team. They have beat UNI, Iowa and UCONN. Throw some cold water on yourself or just become an ISU fan and get it over with.

ISU's D is nowhere near the '09 Iowa D. 8 of 11 starters are on NFL rosters, likely 9 with Prater and Binns will get a camp invite.

Bowl game? yeah, probably. BCS bowl? no effin way.

I would like to get in on this as well. Come on Ryno how much do you want to bet that ISU isn't 10-2 when the regular season ends. Put your money where your mouth is if you think this, if you don't then stop posting stupid things like this as it gets really old.

I'm not saying they WILL go 10-2 but 8-4/9-3 isn't far fetched. Watching how they play late in the game even though they come out flat is a lot like Iowa in 2009. They also have a clutch QB that drives you nuts with his decisions like Iowa had in 2009. Their toughest games (except OK) are all at home. Iowa fans out of all fans should know how difficult it is to win in Ames. I say they go 9-3. Lose @ Missouri, @ Oklahoma and at home to Oklahoma State. TT, Kansas and KSU are horrible. Texas A&M will be their big upset at home. Texas is a mess (a lot like UCONN with under-performing talent). Baylor has no defense.

I'm not saying they WILL go 10-2 but 8-4/9-3 isn't far fetched. Watching how they play late in the game even though they come out flat is a lot like Iowa in 2009. They also have a clutch QB that drives you nuts with his decisions like Iowa had in 2009. Their toughest games (except OK) are all at home. Iowa fans out of all fans should know how difficult it is to win in Ames. I say they go 9-3. Lose @ Missouri, @ Oklahoma and at home to Oklahoma State. TT, Kansas and KSU are horrible. Texas A&M will be their big upset at home. Texas is a mess (a lot like UCONN with under-performing talent). Baylor has no defense.

I say they don't go 9-3 so how much is the bet? We can figure out for someone to hold the money. Is $1000 too much?

Thats fine but dont compare them to an 11 win Orange Bowl Champion Iowa team. They have beat UNI, Iowa and UCONN. Throw some cold water on yourself or just become an ISU fan and get it over with.

Iowa won by 1 against UNI (by blocking TWO field goals), beat Iowa State, beat a Foles-less Arizona team, ESCAPED with a win against Arkansas State

Latest posts