Iowa/Sparty Official Game thread

Gotta give the Hawks E for Effort

Intense game

Had this one as a loss before the season

Not enough shots attempts by Kris

Peyton off

Next Game Up, Lads

You guys can hem and haw about a million different things, but it only takes 1st grade math to understand that free throws lost this game.

7 points flushed down the shitter, make 3 of those 7 (still below expected average) and Iowa walks away with it.

A whole lot of over analyzing goin on ITT.

Did not follow the game on HN. 2 observations. I spent the entire game watching MSU taking the ball out of bounds after a call by the officials. Second, we played really good D. But, O was really inconsistent. At times, really impressive. Not a “bad loss” on the road. Come on, Kris. Step up. Yes, Fry. Got to make free throws, especially on the road.

Before the game, maybe.

During a game where Sparty didn't play well, huge opportunity lost.
Huge opportunity lost, I wouldn't argue that, but this was likely an L on everybody's score card. Still missed a change to win one there. It's historically not a place Iowa does well at.

Iowa has won in East Lansing twice in 23 seasons - that's correct - they are 2-16 in East Lansing since 2000.

Missed opportunity, but wasn't a high probability to begin with.

I did not watch most of the game... just now checking the stats.

Iowa
3-17 from three 17%
6-13 from the line 46%

Jesus Christ, guys.
Yup... I mean with Murray having the worst game he's had to still have a chance to win that thing really sucks. Those numbers are why. They make 2 more 3s and some FTs and we win almost comfortably.

Woulda been fun if Sandfort coulda been the hero. But that's a lot to put on the kid. Fran drew up the perfect play. (he's so so good at doing that) But it never shoulda came down to that. I'm sure everyone was pissed at how the game was being called. Ulis got killed a couple times. But I'm not sure he'd have made the FTs anyway. Nobody seemed to be able to score outside the paint. Just a frustrating game.

You guys can hem and haw about a million different things, but it only takes 1st grade math to understand that free throws lost this game.

7 points flushed down the shitter, make 3 of those 7 (still below expected average) and Iowa walks away with it.

A whole lot of over analyzing goin on ITT.
Missed a couple front ends of 1 & 1s... That's as good as 4 missed FTs too.. Yeah between shooting like crap outside the paint overall and that Iowa coulda won comfortably. That's me leaving the refs swallowing their whistles out of it. Just a huge missed opportunity.

I'm sad that Murray had such a bad game. He looked downright soft at times I thought. Wasn't a great effort out of him overall I thought. Maybe MSU deserves some credit for that but damn it I was hoping he was better then that.