Iowa Softball winning streak

ClintonIAfan

The softball team is starting to play well, they are on a bit of a winning streak. They have won 5 of their last 7 beating Purdue, Wisconsin, UNI and Nebraska. They are currently in the second half of the double hitter against Nebraska, and lead 5-2 in the 7th. No matter the sport it's always awesome to beat them.

Taking a double header from the fuskers is SUPER! The games are going to be replayed at 1:00 am on BTN.

Watched the Softball regionals this past weekend and I found it amazing the amount of Iowa High School girls that are playing on TV, but for other teams other than Iowa. N. Dakota State, Oklahoma, Wisconsin (has 6), Minnesota (has 3), and Mississippi State. Why can't Iowa get some of this talent?

Watched the Softball regionals this past weekend and I found it amazing the amount of Iowa High School girls that are playing on TV, but for other teams other than Iowa. N. Dakota State, Oklahoma, Wisconsin (has 6), Minnesota (has 3), and Mississippi State. Why can't Iowa get some of this talent?
Was it Oklahoma that had a pitcher from Iowa that throws 72mph? When you can't keep the best in the state home you definitely have a big problem! It's time for a change!

Was it Oklahoma that had a pitcher from Iowa that throws 72mph? If you can't keep the top talent home there's a problem. It's time for a change.

The number one freshman in the country is from Iowa and playing for the goofers. Missouri has been feasting on the top pitchers in the State for ever and kicking ass. There is way more than enough D1 talent in this State but both the Hawks and Clones suck and fail to be able to secure them. Alabama was a pathetic program before hiring a good coach that happens to be from Iowa and now they are an elite team. Get a decent coach, there are plenty of them available and it isn't like it costs millions of dollars to hire one. Softball is a great sport to watch and fans will fill the stands if they had a product worth following. Just tune into an SEC Game sometime...

Little Illinois State has 3 girls from Southeast Iowa on the team and they made it to the NCAA tourney. Sheesh you'd think Iowa would wake up! Hopefully soon!

My limited research indicates there are some in the range of 15+ girls going to play Division 1 softball this fall. Missouri got 1. Drake signed 3. Uni grabbed 3. Iowa and Iowa State each grabbed 1 each. Marshall signed 2. Belmont signed 1. SE Louisiana signed 1. South Dakota State signed 1. University of Ne @ Omaha grabbed 1. I think this supports there is enough talent in the state of Iowa to support all 4 programs, but it does not answer the question why Iowa has only 5 girls from the state of Iowa on their roster. Why does Wisky have more girls from Iowa on their roster than the Hawks? Coach Blevins was able to get most of the top tier talent in the state and she had a winning program. What changed?

There is a better chance of snow in July in Ottumwa than a female coach being terminated at the University of Iowa right now.

If you fire them for the correct reasons there shouldn't be a problem. Her record is enough to go on. I can't see any lawsuit over that.

If you fire them for the correct reasons there shouldn't be a problem. Her record is enough to go on. I can't see any lawsuit over that.
While you are of course correct, I'd still be surprised if it happens right now. This is the issue that the athletic department will continue to face with Gary in charge. Can he effectively do his job or is he handcuffed by perception?

Wow it's nice to have a Softball thread for a change!

Love the sport and sure wish the Hawks would get it together. They have great facilities. I coached HS Ball for a number of years and saw plenty of quick turnarounds both for the good and bad with coaching changes. Can happen pretty quick compared to some other sports as evidenced by Hawkeye Baseball.

Sad but true they won't fire her any time soon with what's been going on though.

Latest posts