2004 - 0-2, 3-2
2005 - 0-2, 2-3
2006 - 2-0, 2-3
2007 - 1-2 (win on neutral field at soldier field) , 2-4
2008 - 0-2, 2-3
2009 - 2-0, 4-1
2010 - 1-1, 2-3
2011 - 0-2, tbd

The Hawks have never been road warriors. Right now we are 3-0 at home and 0-2 on the road with a 1st year quarterback. This is par for the course for us. Its not the end of the world...yet.

Regardless of how the Hawks start on the road we still average just over 2 road wins year in and year out. with our remaining road schedule I don't see that changing this year.

the hawks' season has always come down to performance at kinnick and that will be no different this year.

Means the coaching staff is not doing their jobs getting the players ready to play on the road.

That is one of MANY things this coaching staff is failing to do lately.

It means two things...

1) They have never consistently gotten them up for road games. This is a concern on its own right. however...

2) This season so far is typical for a Ferentz team and is in no way indicative of it being a success or failure. All we know is that its probably not 2002 or 2009. That's it. Anything else is overreacting at this point in time.

Hmmm, I wonder why you started in 2003.

BTW if you start in 2002 we were 22 and 22 on the road coming into this year. That strikes me as a pretty respectable road record.

to be clear I'm not criticizing the staff. I'm simply trying to provide the cliff jumpers with some needed perspective. I'm saying that being 3-2 with both losses on the road is not reason to be concerned. especially considering how inexperienced we are this year anything better than 3-2 would have been unexpected.

Latest posts