Iowa senators want expansion answers

Chuck and Tom need to worry about the state of our nation, not what the Big 10 is going to do, and why nobody wanted to include little sister in the conference. :mad:

I'm sure they like that both athletic departments are heading towards being self-sufficient (Iowa already is, Clones are close)...so maybe they should worry about more important things, like how to get our sea water out of BP's crude oil...

I am so sick of polititians sticking their nose into college athletics..... It would be nice if they were as concerned with the "real issues" as they are with how college athletics is run. Issues like war in iraq and afghanistan, bp/gulf oil spill, unemployment, economy are just a few things that should be at the TOP of their agenda! Leave sports and college athletics to the ones in that field- University presidents, athletic directors, conference commissioners..... Please just shut the $#@@ up polititians!!!!! Makes me so sick!

I am getting sick of congress looking into sporting issues before they try & see how the big ten looked into expansion how about we look into bp gulf disaster

F them! I hope everyone votes them out! They have more important issues to worry about
I'm not into politics, but when they come up for re-election we need to vote against them. Why cant they focus on the economy,education, oil bp, unemployment rates. they should have better things to do them worry about college football. :D

I am so sick of polititians sticking their nose into college athletics..... It would be nice if they were as concerned with the "real issues" as they are with how college athletics is run. Issues like war in iraq and afghanistan, bp/gulf oil spill, unemployment, economy are just a few things that should be at the TOP of their agenda! Leave sports and college athletics to the ones in that field- University presidents, athletic directors, conference commissioners..... Please just shut the $#@@ up polititians!!!!! Makes me so sick!

I agree with you whole heartedly! What really bothers me is not just getting into college athletics, but every little thing that is no real concern of theirs. Fix the big things, the wars, oil spill, the economy and while you're at it fix health care that you just screwed up! I know I sound a little redundant but it is just unbelievable the job that they are not doing!

The Mideast is melting down.
The Gulf is turning into goo thanks to BP, Obama and rest of the US Government,
The dollar is tanking while the debt is skyrocketing.

And these two morons are worried about Big10 expansion plans.

All that means is that they want the US government to get a piece of the pie. That's their solution every time.

In the letter they wanted a response BEFORE they voted on letting Nebraska into the BIG TEN and that didn't happen, so basically the BIG TEN said up yours :D. This will not only effect the BIG TEN, it will effect every conference.

EDIT: I like how they only wanted the BIG TEN and not the SEC or Pac10....ect

Here is all you need to know about Tom Harkin:

From Archer Daniels Midland: A Case Study In Corporate Welfare

After public controversy erupted over ethanol's adverse impacts, Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) found a unique way to persuade his fellow senators of the safety of ethanol. Harkin challenged supporters of methanol, a competing product that is also mixed with gasoline, to drink a glass of methanol (wood alcohol) if Harkin was willing to drink a glass of ethanol (grain alcohol). Harkin proceeded to drink part of a glass of ethanol at a Senate hearing.(85) At the same time, the ethanol lobby paid for advertisements warning Americans that methanol was a deadly poison that each year worldwide killed several thousand people who drank it by mistake. The ads did not mention that ethanol, after it is mixed with gasoline, is also fatal to swig.

If our two senators want to investigate the Big Ten then they need to expand the inquiry to every division 1 conference in the country and all of the independents. If the question of tax exempt status is being investigated in the Big Ten then G. & H. should also question the tax exempt status of the Big 12 and every other conference.

Why should our senators single out the Big Ten for adding just "one" team? I doubt adding one team to make it "12" will make the Big Ten a "megaconference" and no longer worthy of tax exempt status. Back in the ninties the Big Eight and Southwest Conferences merged to form the Big "12" Conference and left Houston, SMU, Texas Christian and Rice without a home. Of course Iowa State did not complain about that as the Cyclones were the benefactors of the merger (bigger bucks and more exposure). Put the shoe on the other foot and my how perspectives change!

Bottom line is if you do an investigation of one conference then open it up to include everyone, or let it go.

No corresponding letter to the Big 12? I know the Big 12 is not expanding, but why do they ignore the fact that all of the decisions made there are also based on money. (If you have time, read the letter. It is very poorly written.)

I think those two pimps need to worry about our country and the war they got us into more than college football...

Latest posts