Iowa seat license revenues

Do faculty members have to pay for seating rights? I know there are a lot of faculty and employees who are sitting in the yellow sections. Wonder what they pay?

I have been a season ticket holder for years and don't plan on giving them up. However, it really annoys the hell out of me that in order for any type of change to occurr, the school essentially makes the fans drive the program into the toilet (i.e.--dropoff in support/ticket sales).

I think it would take 2-3 more years of 4-8 type seasons for there to be any impact. Gamedays are great and the people that have season tickets don't want to give them up b/c of the waiting list. Great deal for Athletic Dept., but bad for fans that are sick of the BS going on in IC.

This is the group I fall into. My left brain has wanted to give up season tickets so badly since 2007, but by right brain (not to mention, my wife) keep making me re-up. Mostly out of fear for the next time the Hawks actually pull a 2009 (in spite of The Corporal) and I'll be on the outside looking in.

Here's the rub ... both my wife & me are U grads, long-time ticket holders at the $200 level, have contributed a few hundred here and there for various reasons, yet, we would basically fall back in line if we decided to take a year off. Meantime, some of us calling for a change -- a few yesterdays ago -- get chastised for being the "what have you done for me lately" crowd or "bandwagon" fans.

We'll see ;)

Good answer Jon. This is typical of someone who feels they need the last word, but really has nothing to say. As you will see, I said that it very well move ahead as planned in 2014. But due to the "state" of the program, they are discussing the timetable. Now is it going to happen? Of course, if not in 2014, then soon after.

However, due to the struggles of this team, and staff, I think the athletic dept. realizes this may not be the best time to have their hand out asking people who make donations or pay for tickets to pony up more if they want season tickets to this spectacular team.

In all fairness, I don't expect you to understand this, as you don't actually pay for tickets. :)

We'll see ;)

I may be one of the few fans, but I hope Jon is right about it going forward. I think it is going to be good timing for the fans, including myself. I am a long time ticket holder (1989) and currently in the blue ($200 seat). I am going to use next year as my gauge financial commitment to the program, particularly because we were looking to at an additional seat to our group.

Ultimately the reseating is going to act like a public referendum on the program after next season.

Well, I guess my inside info is better then your on this one. I did not say that it is not going to happen, and it very well may. But I know for a fact that due to the "state" of the program right now that the athletic department is discussing the timetable for the reseat. Gambling is not your thing, and you might want to keep it that way.

Good answer Jon. This is typical of someone who feels they need the last word, but really has nothing to say. As you will see, I said that it very well move ahead as planned in 2014. But due to the "state" of the program, they are discussing the timetable. Now is it going to happen? Of course, if not in 2014, then soon after.

However, due to the struggles of this team, and staff, I think the athletic dept. realizes this may not be the best time to have their hand out asking people who make donations or pay for tickets to pony up more if they want season tickets to this spectacular team.

In all fairness, I don't expect you to understand this, as you don't actually pay for tickets. :)

LOL, read your above post, speaking of saying nothing that is exactly what your posts says, you are aware of this right? Your post literally says it might or might not happen.

Do faculty members have to pay for seating rights? I know there are a lot of faculty and employees who are sitting in the yellow sections. Wonder what they pay?

I know several current and former staff members that pay nothing and sit in $200, $400, and $600 sections.

I may be one of the few fans, but I hope Jon is right about it going forward. I think it is going to be good timing for the fans, including myself. I am a long time ticket holder (1989) and currently in the blue ($200 seat). I am going to use next year as my gauge financial commitment to the program, particularly because we were looking to at an additional seat to our group.

Ultimately the reseating is going to act like a public referendum on the program after next season.

As I said, at then end of the day it may very well move forward as planned. As disgusted as I am with the leadership of this program, the smug, arrogant, self absorbed stubborn, bull headed, leadership of this program. I still love the Hawks, I still love the University, and I want nothing more then for them to succeed. So I will be there, with my checkbook open, buying my season tickets, leaving my house at 3:30 AM on game days and attending every game.

I have been a season ticket holder for years and don't plan on giving them up. However, it really annoys the hell out of me that in order for any type of change to occurr, the school essentially makes the fans drive the program into the toilet (i.e.--dropoff in support/ticket sales).

I think it would take 2-3 more years of 4-8 type seasons for there to be any impact. Gamedays are great and the people that have season tickets don't want to give them up b/c of the waiting list. Great deal for Athletic Dept., but bad for fans that are sick of the BS going on in IC.

Exactly. Right there with you. And to compound the problem, now every two years we can sell our two seats to some delusional Husker fan for one game for $600 for the pair and nearly pay for our entire season ticket bill. Throw in ISU in that same season and sell those and you are attending the other 5 games for free and still making a profit.

LOL, read your above post, speaking of saying nothing that is exactly what your posts says, you are aware of this right? Your post literally says it might or might not happen.

I know several current and former staff members that pay nothing and sit in $200, $400, and $600 sections.

Actually the point of my post is, that due to the "state" of the program, I know for a fact they are discussing the timetable. They were not doing this a month ago.

As I said, at then end of the day it may very well move forward as planned. As disgusted as I am with the leadership of this program, the smug, arrogant, self absorbed stubborn, bull headed, leadership of this program. I still love the Hawks, I still love the University, and I want nothing more then for them to succeed. So I will be there, with my checkbook open, buying my season tickets, leaving my house at 3:30 AM on game days and attending every game.

I will probably continue to buy tickets, but I may be less likely to buy the $200 level tickets and may slide over to the $50 or no donation areas (assuming they are still about that price)

Latest posts